Country
    Singapore

not a killifish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    …but this is such a beautiful creature, and people feed it to LH

those with fast connection (or interested to see hairs on shrimps) click this and make sure your browser don't resize images automatically.

why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Thailand
    Hi Choy,

The shrimp is not too bad considering that people in Hadyai of Thailand, confirm to me that they are feeding many species of native Rasbora and Puntius to Loh-han. As you may know, Thailand's extream southern part is the northern most distribution of many Malay Panisular Fish Species like the Rasbora gracilis and Systomus hexazona. We can only find them in a few swamp in Narathiwat province...... and they are feeding these to the Loh han... I'm glad the craz of Cross breed cichlide in Thailand seems to die down a bit.

Feedback Score
    are these the fresh water shrimp aka glass shrimp , it seem to be harder to get nowaday as i dont see and local fish shop selling them at least at where i live.... but there is one local fish shop that seem to be selling neon tetra for luo han fish.... and quite a lot of people are buying from them....

a little question , these shrimp are meat and vegatable eater right i forget the name for it . so they cant be keep with other type of shrimp example like cherry or tiger shrimp right ?
    alan aka zai jin

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi alan, sorry missed your questions.

The common name for this guy is ghost shrimp and yes they're the feeder shrimp for LH and Malayan Bonytongues (arowana).

They're scavengers and eat practically anything. You can keep them with other shrimps, I don't think they actually hunt for food and their pincers are actually quite small. Great for cleaning up dead fishes and stuff. :wink:
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    I don't think they actually hunt for food and their pincers are actually quite small. Great for cleaning up dead fishes and stuff. :wink:
    Choy, anything with pincers is a taboo in my fry tanks... I'd rather go with Cherry shrimps anyday. That said, I'm in need of about 50~60 Cherry shrimps and hopefully with bulk pricing.

Any idea where I can grab a bag home? BTW, all these are going into my breeding and fry tanks, but most of them will be in their own 'partitioned home' of my fish rack (will post pics when I can).
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score

hi

The name i've heard for this shrimp is "ghost shrimp"
    Killifish!