Country
    Singapore

Sharing the cost of shipping Brine Shrimp Eggs

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, fellas,

I'm all out of brine shrimp eggs so I intend to order some from www.brineshrimpdirect.com again. But they changed their shipping rates recently; they have gone up again I don't have the confirmation yet but I think it will be in the region of about US$40. That would be about Sing $70. That's just for shipping, mind you.

It would be cheaper if we share the shipping charges. If any of you are interested in purchasing any product from brineshrimpdirect, please let me know and I will include your product in my purchase. Please don't bug me if you want only one film container of eggs. Only those who buy by the tin (16 ounces) should contact me.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    maybe you should just harvest your own bs eggs
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Sharing the cost of shipping Brine Shrimp Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by timebomb
    Only those who buy by the tin (16 ounces) should contact me.
    I'm game for one tin.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    KL,

Count me in for 1 tin.
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Hi Kwek Leong,

I think locally there is a supply, it' not those small bottles in the LFS, but in tins also.

I'll check with Kenneth and let you know.

Woossa!
    Darren

Feedback Score
    Loh,
    I buy from www.kensfish.com. He is a very nice fellow to work with.
    95% hatchout rate $23.75 USA
    90% " " $22.75 "
    85% " " $19.75 "
    I don't know how much he would charge for shipping,but he has always dealt honestly with me.
    just my .02
    Deb Bear
    AKA#08746
    SAA#175

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbbear
    Loh,
    I buy from www.kensfish.com. He is a very nice fellow to work with.
    95% hatchout rate $23.75 USA
    Debra, I checked out the site you recommended and over there, it is stated that the 95% hatchout rate brine shrimp eggs are $31.75 a can. Whereas you wrote $23.75? Did you get a special discount? On brineshrimpdirect, the premium grade eggs are $28.95 a can. They haven't replied to my enquiry yet but they shipped by UPS. On Kensfish, they make no mention of shipping to other countries.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Hi Loh,

Brineshrimpdirect premium grade has a hatch-out of approximately 90% and cost US$28.95. Comparing apple to apple, the same hatch rate supplied by Ken fish supply is priced at US$22.95.

Did you get a special discount?
    I notice the price of brineshrimp eggs fluctuates, during cold season (favorable to send) the eggs are more expensive, whereas summer the prices drop by at 10~15% (they even drop their shipping price!). I guess during this season, not many people wants to buy brineshrimps eggs.
    To us, there isn’t much different to us when to order, except for price difference.

Regards,
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    Loh,
    SORRY... Is there a hole in here that I can fall into for a few minutes? I was looking at the flyer he sent to me in Nov.! I should have checked his site. I know that prices have gone up because there has been talk of higher prices on killietalk. Wasn't thinking straight last night.
    Yes, I did get a better deal then on site.
    I wrote to Ken and asked him what he would do for you all? Will let you know when he emails me back.
    If you don't want to wait ,that's is no problem.
    Deb Bear
    AKA#08746
    SAA#175

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbbear
    If you don't want to wait ,that's is no problem.
    Debra, I wouldn't mind waiting for Ken to email you back. Brineshrimpdirect hasn't replied to my enquiry about their shipping rates. It's quite unusual for them to take so long. I suspect they are not interested in doing our business.

If Ken's prices are lower and his shipping charges are not too high, I wouldn't mind buying the eggs from him. Including Ronnie's and Rashid's order, I will be buying something like 5 cans of 16 ounces brine shrimp eggs. Is that a big order or what? :smile:

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Loh,
    Ken would like to know want hatch % you would order so that he can give me the price with shipping. He said that shipping over there will not be a problem.
    Deb Bear
    AKA#08746
    SAA#175

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for helping out, Debra. I'm interested in the ones that give 95% hatch rates. Please let him know that the eggs are to be shipped to Singapore.

Debra, when you write to Ken again, can you please cc the email to me at [email protected] so I can take over from there. Thank you.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi, folks,

It's been about 2 weeks but brineshrimpdirect.com didn't reply to my enquiry. Kensfish.com didn't respond too although Debra wrote to them on my behalf. Thanks for the help, Debra.

A friend recommended that I buy the eggs from this website:

http://www.brineshrimpusa.com/index.phtml

There is a great price difference between eggs that give 95% hatch rates and those that are 90%. In terms of Sing dollars, it's about $75 (with shipping) for the 95% one compared to only about $53 for the 90% one. With such a great difference in price, I think I wouldn't mind if the eggs hatch 5% less. If we order 6 cans, we can bring the price of 1 can down to about Sing $46. That's a lot cheaper than the premium grade eggs I used to buy from brineshrimpdirect.

Rashid said he will be ordering the eggs himself as he has a friend who travels to the US of A often. Melvyn Seah, a hobbyist friend says he wants 1 can. I will be ordering 2 for myself so including Ronnie's order of 1 can, the total is 4 cans altogether. If there's another order for 2 cans, I can put in an order for 6. Is anyone else interested?

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    KL,

count me in for 1 can.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by zmzfam
    KL, count me in for 1 can.
    That's great, Zul. I need just one more. Anyone?

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    There is a great price difference between eggs that give 95% hatch rates and those that are 90%. In terms of Sing dollars, it's about $75 (with shipping) for the 95% one compared to only about $53 for the 90% one. With such a great difference in price, I think I wouldn't mind if the eggs hatch 5% less. If we order 6 cans, we can bring the price of 1 can down to about Sing $46. That's a lot cheaper than the premium grade eggs I used to buy from brineshrimpdirect.
    Kwek Leong, does the S$46 for the 90% cans includes shipping? If it does, I'm wondering if I should just get 2 cans... but do BS eggs keep well if unopened?
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, the price ($46) includes the shipping charges. I obtained the figure from the web site based on UPS shipping rates. It's a rough figure so the final cost may be higher but I don't expect much higher.

As far as I know, even if you open the can, the brine shrimp eggs will remain viable so long as they are kept in air-tight containers and stored in the fridge.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kwek Leong, make mine a double whammy! (ie. 2 cans) Now that we have 6, when's the ETA?
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kwek Leong, I'm all out of BBS eggs... any idea when the seller can ship, now that we have six cans?

For now, I'm depending on frozen BBS kept in film canisters, that were hatched in excess. Makes a good backup since the fry still eat them, provided that there's aeration to 'stir up' the BBS.

Fortunately, there's the good 'ol microworm and grindalworms! :wink:

(PS: Remind me to pay you $15 for the co2 topup... I keep forgetting alot of things these days! )
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey, Ronnie,

I'm afraid I haven't made the order yet. I'm waiting for confirmation from a friend who bought the eggs recently from the same web site. He's going to let me know if the eggs produce good hatch rates.

If you're all out of brine shrimp eggs, I can spare you a few containers first. I still have about 20 film containers of them but these are the ones with low hatch rates. They should, however, tide you over till the new ones arrive.

Loh K L

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast