Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Killies in singapore market?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Ppl from sunny singapore can i know wat are the types of non-annual killies tat can be bought locally? Either from breeders here or any fish shop? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Killies in singapore market?

Quote Originally Posted by Diboroan
    Ppl from sunny singapore can i know wat are the types of non-annual killies tat can be bought locally? Either from breeders here or any fish shop? Thanks
    Dear "What's your name" Diboroan,
    In case you still didn't realize what others are hinting to you, have a look at Selwyn's first posting and see how pleasant it is to read and respond to.

Rephrase your posting and I'm sure you get better response. Don't get us wrong... we're not literate snobs, but I prefer not to let my command of the English language slip.

As for non-annuals, I have fry from a few species* that I prefer to sell in lots of 10s. Prices varies with less prolific species. What are you looking for specifically?

*Aphy australe Orange and Chocolate, Aphy BIT Lagos, Simp Constanciae, Alpochelius panchax, etc
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the kind reminder mate.. Honestly, i didn’t realize the posting title was important... Apologies… I will try to come out with a better posting title next time round As for the killies, I’m trying to find out more about what type of killies are available locally before deciding what to buy. I’m also in the midst of deciding whether it was better to use a 2 ft hospital tank set aside for my discus or my 6 ft discus tank to house e killies… Cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Dear "What's your name" Diboroan,

You're welcomed to both the reminders and the forum. I suppose it'll take time for people to realise that it's quite a different culture here, in that most will take the time to write sensibly, do their own research, probably have read the FAQs and of course, signing off in their name (we're bound to meet up one of these days!).

BTW, it's not so much the posting title but the manner in which the content is written (look at the gibberish and abbreviated lingo that one find in other forums and you'll know what I mean).

As for killies with discus, there's only one thing to remember... "if it fits, it's food!". With juvenile discus, chances of these 2 species co-habitating safely is higher.

Water requirement is slightly acidic for discus, will probably rule out Nothobranchius and some SAA species, which needs salt to fend off / miminize velvet infection.

Killies don't require large tanks and your 2ft tank will be more than sufficient for most Aphyosemion species unless you're looking for larger killies, eg. Fundulopanchax sjoestedti or commonly known as 'SJO', which can mature to a hefty 7~8cm (that's large for a killifish!!).

Alternatively, you dedicate that 2 footer to house Nothos and SAAs (some of them are actually very pretty).

Choice of tank and fishes is yours. Have fun 'shopping'.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the information. Will be looking into the options. Cheers

Regards,
    Chia

Feedback Score
    Welcome, Chia!!
    I am glad you didn't throw up your hands and walk away on the Sticky Singaporeans and primative Americans! pst... we are really verrry nice.
    Again,Welcome to the world of the lovely Killifish
    Deb Bear
    AKA#08746
    SAA#175

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Deb, nice to meet you... Hahaa, Im here to learn more about these wonderful fishes so aint going to walk away without getting some secrets from the experts here. Ya, sorry for my poor english. Cheers.