Country
    Singapore

The Basters are here!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, everyone,

They arrived this afternoon. I won't reveal his name but the kind person who bought the basters as gifts for us sent 15 of them. They are made of plastic and the length is slightly more than 7 inches. The opening is of the right size, big enough to suck up fry and small enough to draw up water containing baby brine shrimp. Here's a pic:

I said earlier that I may distribute the basters by lucky draw but on second thoughts, I think that's not a good idea. The basters should go to those who deserved them most. It's a bit difficult to say who is more deserving than another but I will stick my neck out and be the judge of that. I hope you all will agree with my choices. Here's a list of the people whom I think deserves a free baster.

1. Ronnie Lee aka RonWill
    2. Gwee Sia Meng aka gweesm 1
    3. Au Swee Lim aka Au SL
    4. Jianyang aka stormhawk
    5. Gan QingZhong aka turaco
    6. Lily Choo aka lily
    7. Zulkifli aka zmzfam
    8. Ong Poh San aka Pohsan
    9. Kim Cheng aka kc
    10. Rashid aka A.Rashid
    11. Lyon Goh
    12. Darren Lum aka darrenlum
    13. Jason aka simplon
    14. Eric Yeo
    15. Lu RongSheng aka R^13^S

In coming up with this list, I took into consideration factors like number of posts and degree of support for our activities like participating in mass egg-buying and attending gatherings. Most of all, I took into consideration how serious a killifish breeder the guy or gal is. There are a few others who are just as deserving of a baster, people like Freddy Chng and Choy Heng Wah but they are not fish breeders so a baster wouldn't be of much use to them. There are also many foreign members here who have always been very supportive of this forum and deserve a baster very much but I left them all out from the list because I think it's easier for them to purchase one from their own country.

For the 15 people on the list, you can either collect the baster from my house on weekends or I will send it to you through the mail. If you prefer the latter, please private message me with your mailing address. Please do not decline this generous offer because it's a big headache for me to come with up with a list of deserving people. If you refuse to take the baster, it will mean I have to come up with a new list which would give me another headache again.

On behalf of everyone, I like to thank, once again, the person who sent the basters. He lives in the US of A and what he did was really a generous thing.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Mr Loh,

Very honoured to be listed. A big thank you to you & your kind friend :P . As I already have one, it should be given to others who need it. I have someone in mind, someone whom I've 'poison' with 'killi Bug' . Can I pass the baster to him in stead?

Gan(turaco).

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kwek Leong, it's been my pleasure to serve on the forum and an honor, to make it to the list. You've been a pal, so I won't make you revise the list again!

As we were previously doing the 'my baster is longer than yours'... it isn't surprising to end up with a few, and I do have more than I need.

Like Gan, I've been 'spreading my germs around' and will hand over the baster when my killie-newbie friend is ready.

As for our mysterious friend, I'm sure you have your reasons for remaining anonymous. On behalf of the other recipients, I'd like to extend our heartfelt thanks for your generous gift.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    KL,

thanks! didn't know that I would make it to the top 15!! hehehe

Should be able to collect it from your house. Again, a BIG thank you to you and the kind soul out there.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    A big THANKS to KL and our mysterious yet generous friend. I'll try to arrange to collect it.

To our mysterious friend,

In appreciation for your generous act, please contact me privately so I can send you some eggs if you're keen in any of the species I have on the list.
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    WOW!! Thanks Loh, for putting me in the list!

I would also like to thank the person who sent the gift to us.

Regards,
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Loh, I'll drop by your place to pick up, thanks you and your mysterious generous friend.

Eric Yeo

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanx ... tahnk you thank you mysterious guy and to Loh tooo

KL,

I am very much delighted to be named in your list. And to the generous mysterious guy, thank you for your good deed.
    Will sure come in handy.

KL, since I am on MC for the whole week, (had a misfortune of my bike skidded last Sun, sustained minor injuries; bruises and swollen leg) either I collect it from you when I recover or maybe Ronnie can collect it on my behalf.
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks to the mysterious friend who send us the baster and Mr Loh for including me in the list. I have already PMed to Mr Loh to collect the baster personally.

Thanks,
    Poh San

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Thanx ... tahnk you thank you mysterious guy and to Loh

Quote Originally Posted by A.Rashid
    ...since I am on MC for the whole week, (had a misfortune of my bike skidded last Sun, sustained minor injuries; bruises and swollen leg) either I collect it from you when I recover or maybe Ronnie can collect it on my behalf.
    Rashid, I hope you're alright now. Will collect on your behalf, not a problem and you can drop by for a cuppa later.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    For those who intend to give their baster away to a friend, please feel free to do so. If you're on the list, you already own the baster and I'm just holding it on your behalf. If you are coming to my house this Saturday to collect the baster, please come at around 4 pm. If you all can come at around the same time, we can have a mini-gathering in my house

Rashid, I hope your injuries aren't serious. Motorcycling can be quite dangerous. I rode a motorcycle for about 5 years before I bought my first car and during that time, I almost lost my life on a couple of occasions.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks to you, Mr Loh and mysterious Friend.
    Will drop by at around that time
    Lyon © I would rather walk a thousand leagues then to see your ugly face

Feedback Score
    A big thanks to Mr Loh and your mysterious friend for this wonderful gift. I will drop by this saturday around 4 plus to collect it.

Rashid, hope you are getting better now.

Regards
    Regards
    Lu RongSheng (RS)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks all for the concern...

I am recovering right now & getting better each day.
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    Hi Mr Loh,

Glad to be listed too and I would like to thank you and 'the man behind' for the gift.
    Lily Choo