Hi, folks,

When I started breeding the annuals about 2 years ago, I spent many hours in nurseries and florists looking for suitable breeding bowls. I think I must have bought something like 25 different flower vases but I have never found one that I would consider to be the perfect breeding bowl.

Recently, I bumped into an old friend and he told me he's been attending pottery classes. Naturally, the first thing I did was to ask him to make me a bowl. We met for lunch today and he gave me this:

I love this bowl. Its height is about 8.5 cm (almost 3.5 inches). The opening, large enough for the fish to swim in easily, tapers into a smaller neck which will prevent the peat from being scattered all over the tank. It even has some nice designs on the sides.

I asked my friend and he said he's willing to make more bowls if any of you are interested. The material cost of each bowl (including the firing) is about $6. My friend said he would be happy if he gets $20 a bowl but you mustn't rush him though. The price may seem a bit steep but that's what you have to pay when it's "made to order".

Loh K L