Country
    Singapore

Nid at ADA Headquarters

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, folks,

My good friend, Nid aka Tarepunda in this forum and the propagator of the beautiful plant Downoi wrote me today. She just visited ADA headquarters at Nigata last Saturday and got to meet the great man himself, Amano san. I'm envious but at the same time, I'm so excited for her. Heck, ADA headquarters must be the Mecca for all planted tank hobbyists :smile:. Nid said she took more than 200 pictures and will write about her trip when she goes home to Thailand. Below is a pic of Nid with Amano san. I have to say he's really a great guy; the fact that he runs such a big company and yet took time off to meet a hobbyist and show her around the place. I wish I can get to visit one day also.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    I’m envious too, imagine meeting with the God of Planted Tank! I had been chatting with Oil and Nid for the past few weeks and I can’t described how excited she was when broke the new to me 1 week ago. Whatever excitement and happy smileys you can see on chat platform, she use it all!! She showed me the Autographs and I could see her smiling face over the other end as well.

I guess Amano is equally excited to see her and the Downoi. So if you see Downoi in Aquajournal, it could be Nid’s plant.

regards
    Gwee Sia Meng
    AKA 08742
    SAA 163
    Fish List

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't be envious, Loh. Find and propagate a REALLY SEXY moss, and surely Amano-san will also invite you to ADA HQ and put his arms around you
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nid,

Lucky girl .

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    Don't be envious, Loh. Find and propagate a REALLY SEXY moss, and surely Amano-san will also invite you to ADA HQ and put his arms around you
    Yes, Loh, quick setup a few tanks to grow those lovely mosses
    - Fontinalis antipyretica var. gigantea, Namo Moss, Erect Moss and Christmas Moss and you will be standing beside Amano in no time ;-)

Gan

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    KL,

With samples that you got from all over the world, I wonder how you're going to handle tbem?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Did anyone besides the nameless budak see timebomb's tank picture (featuring the erect moss) in the latest issue of the Aquatic Gardener's Association journal? Madan from India did a nice article on his aquatic sojourns. Teo Plant Farm gets an honorable mention too!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by budak
    Did anyone besides the nameless budak see timebomb's tank picture (featuring the erect moss) in the latest issue of the Aquatic Gardener's Association journal?
    What!!

My tank has been featured in the AGA's journal???

Madan mentioned something about an article when he was in Singapore but I thought he being out at sea, it wouldn't see print so quickly. Hmm, I wonder why the AGA didn't offer to pay me any royalties? To think that I never even got a free issue. Too much, man

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi, folks,

Budak who visited Bangkok last week has finished editing Nid's article on her visit to ADA headquarters in Japan. We've sent the article to Oil (the boyfriend) but the emails bounced. I sent the article to Nid but she haven't replied. I'm hoping she will log on to this forum and see this message.

Nid, if you are reading this, I need your permission to post the article to this forum. I also hope you will put up the pictures you took at ADA. I'm sure the good folks here would love to see them.

By the way, folks, Oil gave Budak several copies of Nonn Panitvong's AQUA magazine to be distributed to Budak, Peter Chua, James Lim, Sia Meng, Au SL, Ronnie Lee, Mr Teo of Teo's Aquatic Plant farm and myself. The magazines are with me now and you are welcomed to collect your copy from my house anytime. This issue has an article highlighting the trip Nid made to ADA HQ.

I like to thank Oil for his generosity. He didn't get the magazines for free but bought them at a discounted price from the book stores in Bangkok.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Loh,

I saw the article in TAG. It features your erect moss tank and the trip to Teos.

Cheers
    Vincent

Feedback Score
    Opps! Veyr sorry uncle Loh. I got your last email with the article already but I forgot to ask Oil to reply you instead of me. BTW, I got an idea that I will burn the pictures on CDs and send them to you. Then you can select the picture and adjust it by yourself for posting to your forum. Of course, you can post the article on your forum too. (with your own risk ...... hahaha, just kidding)

And, yes, thank you very much for giving me the Weeping Moss and Taiwan Moss. I like them so much and I will try to grow them in the micro tank. As you know, now I have only one 5 feet tank. I think I can not do well if I keep so many big tank. I would like to try the small tank instead, 2 - 10 liters max.

Yesterday I passed something to Budak for you. I hope you and your family like it, Oil and I like it too. But it might not good for you if you take it so much. It will cause you get more fat as same as me, hahaha.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by tanVincent
    I saw the article in TAG. It features your erect moss tank and the trip to Teos.
    I saw the article too, Vincent. Budak lent me that issue of TAG. Madan wrote that article and Mr Teo was very pleased when I told him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarepunda
    It will cause you get more fat as same as me, hahaha.
    Whatever it is, I appreciate the gift very much, Nid. I'm already overweight so adding a bit more fat isn't going to scare me

It will be great if you send the pics through a CD. I'll pick the best ones to post to the forum. We have plenty of web space now so I'll post as many as I can. I'll put up the article (edited by Budak) as soon as your CD arrives. I heard your trip to ADA was featured in an article in the latest issue of the Japanese Aquajournal too. Hey, Amano-San likes you :wink:.

I got a fright when someone told me a month ago that Oil and you have given up the hobby. I'm glad the news isn't true. By the way, I think it's easier to succeed with big tanks than small ones.

Loh K L

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but folks in the US will have the opprtunity to meeting Mr. Amano this fall at the AGA Annual Convention.
    I can't wait!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazanfar Ghori
    Not meaning to hijack this thread, but folks in the US will have the opprtunity to meeting Mr. Amano this fall at the AGA Annual Convention.
    I can't wait!!!!!
    Who knows, you might see Amano come along with me at AGA Annual Convention.

hahahaha.... just kidding.

Nid