Just wonder if this is liverwort.

I am not sure if it is the same as below
    [/img]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ben, the answer seem to be Yes and No
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Hmm.. i am a little confused. Thought i collected only Singapore Moss and the Liverwort which i initially thought it was moss.

Feedback Score
    The first one looks like it could be a liverwort...just because it looks similar to pellia
    ben

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Okay, we have 2 Bens in this thread so I have to indicate one from the other.

Ben (subzero),

I think what Heng Wah meant in his post when he said "Yes and No" was that the first plant you showed is a Liverwort and the second one, a Moss. He was replying directly to your question in the subject heading. I think he's right on both counts.

Ben (brbarkey),

The Pellia is now confirmed to be Monoselenium tenerum and you are right to say that subzero's Liverwort looks the same. Leaf branching patterns are an indication of genus, as far as I know.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Am I the only one that cannot see the photos ? I tried accessing the URLs directly and got a "Page cannot be displayed message" :-(

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Gan,

I've uploaded Ben's pics to my server. You should be able to see them now. I don't know why pictures uploaded by members of this site can sometimes appear in some people's computer screens but not in others. Those I can see I can copy and upload to my server but those I cannot have to be sent to me through email.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by timebomb
    The Pellia is now confirmed to be Monoselenium tenerum and you are right to say that subzero's Liverwort looks the same.

Loh K L
    I thought the Prof is still out on this one?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    No, not really. During our visit to Oriental, the Prof confirmed that the name is correct. He wasn't sure initially but he got a new Liverwort book recently and now its confirmed that Tropica was right about the name of the plant.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Gan,
    I've uploaded Ben's pics to my server. You should be able to see them now. I don't know why pictures uploaded by members of this site can sometimes appear in some people's computer screens but not in others. Those I can see I can copy and upload to my server but those I cannot have to be sent to me through email.
    Thanks Kwek Leong. I can see them.
    I have no idea why I can't see it. It definitely has nothoing to do with your forum because I can't see them even when I access them directly.

I don't know if it is due to conflicts between my setup and the service provider hosting file.

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    Quote Originally Posted by timebomb
    The Pellia is now confirmed to be Monoselenium tenerum and you are right to say that subzero's Liverwort looks the same.

Loh K L
    The Prof has confirmed that the plant in Oriental Handbook is Monoselenium tenerum. He has also identified a few other liverworts and working on a few others. If you have any liverworts that you would like to ID, post it on this forum. If we don't know the ID, we will pass it to the Prof to ID.