Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Overseas eggs order?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    As an update to this thread, and to whet others appetite , these were the eggs that I ordered.
    These eggs arrived in Singapore on Thursday 11 March 2004. Flying by first class, the eggs took 3 days (Singapore time) to arrive and they arrived in good condition - read no fungused eggs and no mushy-mushy dead frys.
    I don't have any photos of the eggs - no DC, money all spent on killies - but the eggs were all on peat, similar to the photos in this thread.

My eggs-list and their hatch-rate:*
    Aphyosemion australe 'Cape Esterias' EBT96/27 - 12 / 16
    Rivulus agilae 'Mont de Mahury' &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp - 15 / 20
    Rivulus derhami 'Tingo Marie' &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp - 10 / 20
    Rivulus cylindraceus 'Al Castro' strain &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp - 14 / 14
    Aphyosemion exigoudeum 'Ngoudoufola' &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp- 10 / 20
    Fundulopanchax gardneri nigerianus 'Makurdi' &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp - 12 / 20
    Fundulopanchax gardneri nigerianus 'Misaje' &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp- 1 / 20 (This is my fault - should have gotten a better hatch rate)

* xx / yy should read xx frys out of yy eggs
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hehehe ....now as per the title of this thread, anybody keen to participate in a new mass egg order?

Maybe should have started this thread as a poll also

Anyway, if you are keen, do reply to this thread. Ronnie would also be interested in how many are willing to participate in the next round of mass eggs order - are you Ron

We can list the eggs we should bring in later or as we go along.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by zmzfam
    Anyway, if you are keen, do reply to this thread. Ronnie would also be interested in how many are willing to participate in the next round of mass eggs order - are you Ron
    Zul,
    I'm game to tag along and share shipping cost with anyone who has the initiative to bring in their own killie eggs. It's my own way of showing support for having more killie species locally.

If you wish, I can have you spear-head and organise the next mass order... you game?

Of course, when the ordered eggs are confirmed in stock and due for shipping, I'd expect the participants to fork out the money first (I would, since my money don't grow on trees ). LMK if that's ok with you.

BTW, I should have you hatch out all my eggs... you've got good wet fingers!!!
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Seems that you're ready to co-ordinate the mass order.

Nice to see you're taking the lead. Good try on your orders.

Guys, this is a good chance for you to own some of your dream killifish with proper population code. Do not get this chance miss out. :wink:
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by RonWill
    If you wish, I can have you spear-head and organise the next mass order... you game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Au SL
    Seems that you're ready to co-ordinate the mass order.
    Hahaha....I expected that once I started this thread. Not a problem on my part to do the co-ordination. However, need people like you and Au to come out with the list of species to order.

Just need to know who is game enough to join in.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Zul,
    Thank you for not shrinking away in fright... I know it's a daunting task to ask of you. :wink:

For the species list, I'm not the one selling eggs... so it'd be advisable to request for a current list of available species. Remember too, that some, especially non-annuals, are not egg-machines or vending-machine, where you can pop in your coins and out comes a nice cold canned drink!!

I think I know from whom you acquired the earlier batch of eggs, so why not check back with him and see what goodies he has for us?

For starters, I'll be game for all species of;
    Aphyosemion elberti - any population
    Chromaphy splendopleure - any population

Anyone else want to keep the ball rolling?
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Zul,

I'm keen on participating in the egg mass order but can you reveal the source? You seem to getting very good hatch rates. I would also like to see a fish and egg list from the breeder you're buying the eggs from.

Thank you.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I got them from David Mikkelsen - Ron did you guess right?

I think you should know his website - http://www.thekillifishsource.com. Those who are interested can take a look at his website and see if there are any species they fancy.

The good hatch rate I attribute it to good luck. As I had mentioned before, when I received the package and look through all the peat, there was no sign of any fungus - which was good.

For non-annuals, the best hatch rate I found was when I picked the eggs (upon eyed-up) from the peat and put them in a container of clean water - not tank water. The last time I did that to the Aphyosemion cognatum I managed to get 14 frys out of 16 eggs.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score

egg order

I think you should know his website - http://www.killifishdavid.com.
    Ummmm, try http://www.thekillifishsource.com the above URL won't display.

Bill
    farang9

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks again Bill. Guess it's time to go home when I typed that.
    Have amended my post.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    This time, I think that I am ready for the mass egg ordering. . Is that a due date when we have to finallize the ordering list?

Regards,
    Ong Poh San

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Add me in for a bag of Terranatos :wink:
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Zul, so my guess was correct and I'm happy for your hatch rates. This time, will you babysit the eggs/frys for me?

Kwek Leong, please advise whether it's appropriate for the species list to be posted here.

David, if you're reading this, please advise whether you and your fishes are ready for a bulk order.
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Rashid sent me a picture of the Aphyolebias peruensis a few days ago and I think it's one of the most beautiful killies I've seen. But I checked David's list and it seems their eggs are sold only through auction.

I think there's a chance that with a big order, David may be agreeable to selling the Aphyolebias eggs to us directly. What do you think, Zul? I'll be happy with any Aphyolebias eggs, no matter what species.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kwek Leong, please advise whether it's appropriate for the species list to be posted here.
    Huh?? What's there to be inappropriate about? I'm fine if you want to put up David's fish and egg list here but I would say it would only clutter up the thread. It's just a matter of one click to go to David's list on his web site.

I would suggest that David, if he's following this thread,let us know what eggs he has that are available now. I kind of suspect that egg and fish lists are usually not very well updated. I haven't update mine in ages

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I've written to David to take a look at this thread.

Kwek Leong, let's hope that our order is big and you get your eggs.

This time, will you babysit the eggs/frys for me?
    Alamak Ron! Don't carry until like that lah!
    Hmm.....maybe I can drop my frys at your 'Raffles Hotel' when I go for my reservist.... :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Pohsan
    Is that a due date when we have to finallize the ordering list?
    We have not fixed a date yet. You might want to take a look at David's website to see which killie(s) catches your fancy.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score

eggs orders en'mass

Hi Guys,
    I just arrived here today! I do try to keep my availability list up to date weekly or bi weekly, but sometimes I may over look something, it is a big list !!! I will trey to put a list together for you, I have the Aphyolebias sp.#153 available now. I also have just aquired 3 new Aphyolebias to my hatchery all wild caught from Southern Peru as well as the new Moema quiii. I have not yet set them up to breed and collect eggs as of yet and do have a couple of standing orders for them all ready. I do not have pics myself of the new Aphyol. sp#152, #165, rubrocaudatus and the Moema quiii but I can email photo's for you to share that belong to the person who exported the fish to us from Peru!! I will send them to Ronnie and let him email them to each of you interested. Will be back here as soon as I have a list. Au SL sorry for delay in white worms just been sooooo busy!
    I will send replacement eggs as I am able with this next order.
    David Mikkelsen
    AKA #06121 SAA#172 NWK#10 GPAS#159
    http:www.thekillifishsource.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: eggs orders en'mass

Quote Originally Posted by killifishdavid
    Au SL sorry for delay in white worms just been sooooo busy!
    David, it's OK no problem just get your things organise and send when you're able to.
    :wink:
    Au SL

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Alamak Ron! Don't carry until like that lah!
    Hmm.....maybe I can drop my frys at your 'Raffles Hotel' when I go for my reservist.... :wink:
    Zul, I babysit frys all the time... especially those who're out of the country or fulfilling their reservists' training. They usually collect bigger frys than what they brought. Bring your frys over when they're in need of 'room service'.

For the species list, I think I'll stick to the 2 groups earlier mentioned.

OFF TOPIC __________________________________________________________
    For those who don't dig the lingo, "Alamak" is equivalent to Bahasa Melayu's (Malay Language) "Oh my gosh!", "Good grief" and urm... "Sheesh!"

"Carry" is colloquail Singlish... for "flatter" and urm... "polishing apple"

Zul, Singlish occasionally, will add a local flavor to the message but not everyone will 'catch the drift'. I'm not Bahasa Melayu proficient, so it's best you include post-script translations. Thank you for your compliance
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: eggs orders en'mass

David, I've reduced the resolution of the 5 pics you emailed me and have uploaded them. Do you/I have permission to show the pics or are they restricted for private viewing? Please advise.

Will these wild specimens have population/collection codes, or just 'sp.#xx'? FWIW, the Moema quiii is still one cool looking fish.
    Ronnie Lee

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast