Country
    Singapore

Dropsy

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by RonWill
    I lost a female exigoideum recently to dropsy and am left with a reversed trio
    Ronnie, I'm starting a new topic here about the Killie you lost to dropsy. I know some of your other fishes have been infected too and you've been asking for help on KillieTalk.

I've encountered Dropsy many times in my tanks but have never seen it infect any of my Killies. Dropsy, as far as I know, is not a disease but a symptom of poor living conditions. In other words, it could be your tanks are over-crowded or there's something wrong with your water. There's no cure for Dropsy; the only way out is euthanasia.

If it's any consolation, Dropsy is not infectious. If one fish gets it, it doesn't mean all the other fish in the same tank will.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Dropsy

Kwek Leong, thanks for quoting my KT post here. I'm pretty anxious to minimize disease outbreak especially when my tank rack is now a recirculating system.

I've been pretty diligent in my water changes, a far cry from what you see in my old place, and to see fish dying in almost crystal-clear water, is quite disheartening. Guess I'll have to be more vigilant in other aspect of aquarium husbandry..

BTW, my research reference "Colorguide of tropical fish diseases" by Gerald Bassleer, prescribes Kanamycine for destroying bacteria such as Aeromonas, Pseudomonas and possibly treating for fish tuberculosis.

Anyone know where I can get hold of Kanamycine?
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score

Ron wrote:
    Anyone know where I can get hold of Kanamycine?
    Ronzo, try this:http://fishstoretn.com/kanamycin.html

Bill :wink:

Feedback Score

Dropsy

Ron, didn't mean to offend by calling you "Ronzo." I was talking to some
    So-Cal friends prior to sending this message and they routinely call me:
    "The Billmeister, The Billster, The Bill-o-rama, and lately KillBill," thanks
    to Tarantino's 2 movies

Hoping no offense was taken,

Bill Ruyle

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I can only thank my Easter blessings that my name wasn't Bo, else you'd have called me Bozo! Don't worry about it, Bill. No offense taken.

Thanks for the link. Was there before and thought of getting both the Kanamycine and Erythromycin, but will look through the rest of their online catalog before deciding.

Meds are such that it's good to have some around, even Panadol
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score

Dropsy

Hi Ron, I got a confirmation from the above site saying they do ship internationally. If interested, I could order med(s) to send with what I will be shipping next week. USPS mail has become very SLOW and I am going to FedEX for overseas shipments from now on. Tomorrow I will set up an account. Everything is going through close scrutiny on both sides the pond: tapes could contain sensitive intelligence, electronic parts could be suspect for parts to missile guidance systems, detonators, etc. A strange and sad world right now. I've been warned not to move over to Thailand by family and friends. I hope by next year, the sun will shine brighter.

FedEX has outlets that will pack items and stamp them that contents have been verified as safe. They are experiencing little to no delays in shipments.

Take care Ron, let me know your wishes,

Bill

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bill, I managed to get access to those meds and will have 'em delivered to my workplace, so don't worry about it.

These will be in safekeeping since what I really need to research more on, would be the dosage. I'll hate myself if I sparked off a treatment-resistant strain of bugs!

BTW, for that card package, it's ok to stick with Surface mail. As is, I've already spent too much on PC & server repairs.
    Ronnie Lee