Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Looking for Taiwan Moss. Willing to trade!!

Looking for Taiwan Moss. Willing to trade!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Looking for Taiwan Moss. Willing to trade!!
    Please name item you want to trade for your Taiwan moss to see if I have eg. plant.

Regards
    Aldrin

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Aldrin,

I thought about moving your post over to the "Trading Post" forum but knowing how desperate you are to obtain some Taiwan Moss, I'm leaving it here.

As far as I know, only 2 persons in this forum have the Taiwan Moss in their tanks. I have some and so has Yandy. Yandy aka Barbarik bought the moss from Mermaid in Ang Mo Kio. I've been to Yandy's house recently and I don't think he has enough to sell you any, unless of course, you are so desperate you don't mind buying just a single frond. Take note though that Yandy paid $220 for his moss so one frond alone could cost you quite a lot of money.

I've a small bunch of Taiwan Moss growing in my tank now but I've never collected money for my plants so I have no intention of selling them. I have a long list of friends who are on the waiting list for my Taiwan Moss. When I have enough to share, I will give some to these friends first. After which, I will give the Moss to people who have contributed significantly to this forum. They could be people who live in other countries. Hobbyists whom I hardly know or who have never posted anything of value to this forum are right at the bottom of my list. I hope you understand now why I can't sell you any. To be honest, I could have easily made a few thousand dollars just by selling my plants on aquabid.com. Over the years, I have been fortunate to be among the first hobbyists to have in large amounts, rare plants like the Christmas Moss, Narrow Leaf Java Ferns, Erect Moss and Downoi. But it's never been my style to profit from the hobby. I would rather make more friends instead.

The Taiwan Moss is very expensive and very rare. I would suggest, if you're really dying to have some, to drop over at Mermaid and see if you can buy some from the owner there. Last time I heard, he sells small bunches at $20 a piece. Best of luck to you in your search for Taiwan Moss. I hope you won't ask to trade anything anymore in this "Planted Tank" forum. All trades should be posted to the "Trading Post" forum.

Loh K L

Will take your advice & get from AMK.

Regards
    Aldrin

adrinsl... had you got your Taiwan moss already? I'm andisuria from arofan... do you still have my HP no. please call me. I might get some for you. :lol:

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Kaizo (what's your name?),

Your complete posting is a private message which have little or no interest to others. Kindly do a PM instead.

Feedback Score
    hmmm so how do you really different tawian moss from like christmas ? or other moss ? been to a shop recently bought some moss which the boss say it was tawian, but the price of it from what i see from this forum , it might be other moss so any tip so i can check the moss with my eye ? and if possible can you private message me the price of tawian moss that mermaid is selling, a million thanks
    alan aka zai jin

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by alan
    hmmm so how do you really different tawian moss from like christmas ? or other moss ?
    Alan,

I know it's difficult to tell the difference between the various mosses but if one has a keen eye, I think you can tell the difference between Taiwan, Erect, Christmas, Java and Weeping Mosses just by looking at the shapes and sizes of their fronds. That's provided of course the mosses are grown well. If they are grown poorly, it's almost impossible to tell them apart.

Java Moss, in particular, is easy to identify as their fronds are distinctly different from the others. What is really tough is trying to tell the Singapore Moss apart from the Christmas. They look almost identical.

I'm trying to take some clear photographs of the various mosses. Give me some time and I'll upload them to the forum. As for the price of the Taiwan Moss, isn't that information already available in my earlier post?

Loh K L

Thanks for the Help. It helps alot!!!

Regards
    Aldrin