Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by tanVincent
    how about we allow till end of the week (friday) to consolidate the number of books to order.
    Vincent, that's good with me. LMK how to remit payment, best if it's possible via internet banking.

Willy, I'll see what I can do for you.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    [quote="RonWill"]
    Willy, I'll see what I can do for you.
    Ronnie, thank you very much!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by dts_spawn
    And as for the second part, I'm also sorry as i didn't know about such ruling and now know, i will abid by it. i'm here just to learn and i don't mean to offend anyone. Sorry, Kenny.
    Willy,

We accept your apology and we are glad you are beginning to understand why we seem to have many rules .

I know things are different in other local-based fish forums so newbies tend to ignore basic etiquette when they post here.

It's not so much a rule but a basic act of courtesy that when addressing someone, especially one whom you do not know personally, you always type his or her name in initial capitals. The folks here in killies.com strongly believe that one should always behave courteously towards others even though we're just talking to each other through the net. It would be good for you to remember this.

Lazy typing gives people the impression that you don't give a damn what others think. We don't hold anything against you as we are aware it's a habit you picked up in other forums. Here in Killies.com, we try to change the culture. We want this to be a place Singaporeans can be proud of.

By the way, your parents would be proud of you if they know how thrifty you are with their money :wink:

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by fc
    What I like about her version of handling planted tank is the care less regime. However, I am sceptical about putting away CO2. CO2 definately improve plants in term of plant's colour, size and texture.
    Freddy, I think this is where our perspective of things differ. The concept of low to no maintenance appeals to me and personally, I believe that CO2, while important, is not the key to a balanced eco.

I'd like to share with you, a really tiny setup...

Front cropped view (clickable image)

This is nothing out of the ordinary. So what about it??

It has no piped CO2, no fert base, no fert dosage* and the UGF was 'disabled' about 6months back, so effectively, it's the plants working as filters.
    *ok... this may not be all true. It receives a short squirt of TMG... when I feel like it.

Light source is what it receives from ambient lighting... not even a desk lamp.

For those who think that only big setups will work, the tank in question is only a 3 gal (around 10 litre) cheap plastic tank! It's last tour of duty was playing home to a trio of Aplochelius panchax.

Top frontal view

Topping up water is all the maintenance I do and no spot algae cleaning required for the past year... try that with your tank!

Her books are easy to understand in the beginning but start to turn very dry when she touch on bilogical and chemistry part which readers with good foundation on them to appreciate her analysis.
    My understanding of chemistry is pathetic but I try to learn what I can.
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ronnie,

Sounds terrific, that means . . . I can start thinking about a no maintenance tank outside my house . . . any narrow (1ft wide) long tank to spare?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Freddy,
    While I appear to have many empty tanks (for now), most are already allocated to permanent setups for killies, with the remaining few for experiments on low-maintenance tank. I've not tried 'aquatic soil' for ponds but I think that has potential too.

My downstair neighbour asked the same question about the tanks last weekend and yes, he's also game in trying out these 'no-fuss' planted tanks.

But let's see if I'm mad enough to actually utilize all the newly acquired tanks and should there be any balance, I'll let you know.
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

Back to the main topic of book ordering. Please fill in the list below, it will be easier for me.

Title : Ecology of the Planted Aquarium
    Price : USD30
    Shipping : to be confirmed upon ordering

Interested Party

Cheers
    Vincent

P/S Ronnie, please contact me at 94889366. It is regarding the package you are about to receive....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Interested Party

1) Ong Poh San,

Thanks Vincent. BTW, will it be better to PM you the name so that you can edit your list or else this thread might becoming too lengthy?

Thanks,
    Ong Poh San

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Interested Party

1) Ong Poh San
    2) Ronnie Lee

eh Poh San, you're quick! :wink:
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Ronnie,
    Hmm.. just a few seconds faster. :wink:

Regards,
    Ong Poh San

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Okie, PM sounds fine. I will post out the final list tomorrow evening. Then I'll write a love letter to Diana.

Cheers
    Vincent

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi all,

I got a total of 4 person who are interested in the book. They are Ronnie, Ong Poh San, Selwyn and Zulklifi.

I will PM you all regarding the cost of shipment for the book, that is when she replied .

I will be paying from my paypal account first and then we can work on the amount to pay per person.

Cheers
    Vincent

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Vincent,
    If the order has not been process yet, can you count me in???

Regards,
    Yandy

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ooops Yandy,

I have paid for the order. Just waiting for the shipping charges to come in.

Let me see if i can add one more order.

Cheers
    Vincent

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I just bought the 2nd edition. The difference is a 2 page worth of pictures on the front. As for the content, I am still digesting. Got a signed copy from diana herself.

If you are interested, i can get her to send another copy signed

Cheers
    Vincent
    Hi Vincent,
    can I have a copy too? Hope I m not too late. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Lvanilla

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Reply from Diana

Hi all,

This is a message to all who ordered the book. The cost of shipping is too much for air-frieght. She suggested surface mail which will take up from 4 to 6 weeks to freight. I agreed to that option as I think USD70 is too much to pay for air freight.

For those who ordered, please contact me at 94889366 if there are any queries.

By the way, the shipping charges for the books via surface mail is USD11. Divided by 5 person, each one will have to come up with USD2.20. Therefore, the total amount each is USD32.20. We'll take the exchange rate for today. After conversion and rounded up to the nearest dollar, it is SGD58 each.

Cheers
    Vincent

P/S I hate long messages

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Vincent,
    Thanks for coordinate the book ordering. Please PM me your bank account number so that I can transfer the money to you via internet banking. Thanks.

Regards,
    Ong Poh San

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Reply from Diana

Vincent, I think it'll be easier if you emailed the account details for bank transfer (have to specify whether Savings or Current).

Thanks for getting the order through and going Surface is great! D*mn, I love it when we put our heads together :wink:
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sure thing Ronnie. For those who ordered the book, you can email me at [email protected]. Then I will be able to send account information over the email. For those who prefer to pay when the book arrives, by all means

Cheers
    Vincent

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi all,

Just got an email from Diana. She will be shipping the books this week.

Cheers
    Vincent

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast