Country
    Singapore

Moss from Scotland

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, folks,

Someone who lives in Scotland sent me these pictures which I thought may be of interest to many of you. I find it quite amazing that the Willow Moss grips rocks so tightly. I have some in my tanks but they aren't growing well. My Scottish friend said they need very low temperatures.

I couldn't see any moss in the 3rd picture but my friend said there's some Sphagnum Moss in there.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i must say these temperate mosses look smashing..... must be the cool, dankness of the Highland moors, or something in the haggis....

Still on this green and pleasant land, I must say this article does not augur well for our friends questing for a fruitful result to the Java moss conundrum.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by budak
    I must say this article does not augur well for our friends questing for a fruitful result to the Java moss conundrum.
    When I read the article, I have to confess I felt a sense of relief. At least, we now know that it isn't just mosses in Singapore that don't have sex

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi, fellas,

My friend in Scotland sent 2 large envelopes of the Willow Mosses. They arrived this evening. I can't grow them well so I'm going to distribute the moss to anyone who wants them. As far as I know, no local fish shop sells the genuine Willow Moss so this is your chance to own some. But it won't be for free.

I will be at Eco-culture this Saturday (8th of May) at 8 pm. If you want to have some genuine Willow Moss (scientific name - Fontinalis antipyretica), please turn up on time. The first 10 are sure to get some but you have to pay a token sum to Eco-culture for the moss. Working adults pay $5 while students pay only $3.

I hope it will be a win-win situation for everyone. If the moss is not sold out by Saturday, I will give the rest to Eco and let them decide how much they want to sell them.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by timebomb
    Hi, fellas,

My friend in Scotland sent 2 large envelopes of the Willow Mosses. They arrived this evening. I can't grow them well so I'm going to distribute the moss to anyone who wants them. As far as I know, no local fish shop sells the genuine Willow Moss so this is your chance to own some. But it won't be for free.
    It doen't do well in my tank as well. I guess it requires temp lower than 27C to do well.

I will be at Eco-culture this Saturday (8th of May) at 8 pm. If you want to have some genuine Willow Moss (scientific name - Fontinalis antipyretica), please turn up on time. The first 10 are sure to get some but you have to pay a token sum to Eco-culture for the moss. Working adults pay $5 while students pay only $3.
    Only $5 for the extremely rare and genuine Willow Moss straight from Soctland ! This is a steal !! I can already envisage long queue outside eco-culture by 5pm !!

I would like to be there to meet all the moss lovers (or bargain hunter ? ) but I have to give this a miss as I am going out for Mother's Day dinner.

KL,
    Take some photos and show us what happens at this Great Moss Sale.
    If you are into Nature, check out the new NSS Nature Forum.
    See my Nature photos and Butterfly Blog