2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Some pictures to share from my recent trip to Niigata

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Some pictures to share from my recent trip to Niigata. Where I visited Amano's Gallery as well as his photography studio. Pardon my photography skill still not good enough. Anyway, for those who like to know how to get there..I will be posting an article on AQ pretty soon.

And one thing, Amano's tanks are really state of the arts. Not a single bit of Algae can be seen in his tanks. Mouth Watering indeed!

My Visit to ADA Gallery, Niigata

My Visit to ADA Gallery, Niigata

One of my favourite Tanks on display

Another tank that I like

Amano's Studio where he shoots all his tanks for Aqua Journal. Boy, there are tons of equipment there!

Another tank that I like

Another Tank with lots of Java Ferns

More pictures here...
    http://www.pbase.com/momentic/aquaticas

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Some pictures to share from my recent trip to Niigata

Welcome back and thanks for sharing the pics with us.

For those who can't view (since alot of hosting servers now block hotlinking), right-click on the "X", select 'Properties' and copy the address from the 'pop-up box'. Paste the addy to a new browser window and that should work fine (it did for me).

Apologies for not responding your earlier enquiry regarding directions to Amano-san's hideout (better I shut my trap lest you get lost!).

Lastly, welcome to the forum, Edwyn. You should remember me from another 'Plant List' (and yes, I'm still as talkative :wink: )

Enjoy your visits here and hopefully, you'll add some killies into your tanks! If you can't find any, drop me a visit and we'll do something about that!

PS: I do appreciate it very much when posters can sign off in their name. It's a friendly gesture that is reciprocated.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey Ronnie..

I won't forget you! The micro worms and the emersed hair grass that you given me over at your workplace in Balestier..

Yup, I am game to try killies...but 1st I must set up my 1.5ft tank. Planted of course. As for my trip to Niigata, it was quite a trip. The bus stop in the middle of nowhere. You should know probably.

Keep in touch, dude

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Emersed hair grass??!! Geezz, that's a long while back! Is it still propagating?

Edwyn, do me a favor. When you're setting up your 1.5footer, can you shoot pics along the way? That'll give pointers to those who're new to aquascaping (even better if you can incorporate ideas from your Amano visit :wink: )

For better or worse, we'll chip in our comments and that way, we all learn from the exercise (what say you?)

When the tank is cycled, drop me an email and I'll see what can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by wynx
    The bus stop in the middle of nowhere. You should know probably
    No, I wouldn't know because I've never toured Japan ... which is why I refuse to give directions!
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee