Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Moss question

Feedback Score

Moss question

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all, new to this forum as well as aquascaping, but really glad to find this many people who loves moss just like me .

Well, being relatively new to this hobby, my knowledge of moss only allows me to id Java Moss correctly , hence the following question :

Petmart at Serangoon sells two different kind of moss. One is named Christmas moss, which I think is actually Singapore moss, while the other is labelled Tropical Moss. Anyone has seen it and knows exactly what this "Tropical Moss" actually is? I suspected it to be Singapore Moss, but couldn't be sure given my inadequate knowledge of moss/es.

Thanks in advance for any replies to my queries.
    Mark

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    HI All,

Just to share with many people who are interested in Mosses(Taiwan Moss/Christmas Moss/Erect Moss/Weeping Moss/Java Moss) and other aquatic plants(exotic/Common).
    To really see how they look like? I do suggest, to drop by at Mermaid world at AMK to see so you will know how the plant look like in real.

It very difficult to explain here and from picture sometime it also tough.

I believe the owner will be kind enough to share with you what he know.

Hope this will help newbies or season hobbists to enjoy the fun of getting their plant and learning together with everyone.

Cheers.
    TS
    Best Regards, TS
    PlantLog Garden Cryptocoryne, Bucephalandra .....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Roark, I'm not sure which bag is which but I have bought a bag of cheap moss from PetMart before. It was $5 per bag and I didn't know what it was until someone here told me it was most probably Singapore Moss. I still have this moss and they're growing pretty well even without CO2. It was original quite small in size but when I grew them submersed, they transformed into this really long and stringy moss. Some people had a different experience in which the Singapore Moss formed triangular fronds. Something to do with the temperature.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.