Country
    Singapore

My Aphyosemion bitaeniatum “Ijebu Ode”

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

My Aphyosemion bitaeniatum “Ijebu Ode” among the Cyprus Helferi.

The pictures are not sharp and does not justify the true beauty of them, my apology (to them) :P . They look like gangsters to me with those long flaring mushy red fins.

[Freddy, I edited your links so that they are 'clickable' for large, blurry pics... I can't see 'em! You focused on the Eheim hose ]
    Thank you, I changed the link. Now you can see bigger pictures.
    Ouch! Who hit my head?!

Feedback Score
    Hey Freddy.

Nice little bugger you have there, great fins!! I wish mine never died so soon. Currently I have a tank of australes and I am still collecting eggs from them, they are really good egg laying machines!!
    Lily Choo

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by lily
    Nice little bugger you have there, great fins!! I wish mine never died so soon
    Ap bitaeniatum have subtle but full palette of colors, one of my favourites (almost at par with my fondness for Ps annulatus).

Lily, I was aware that the 12 Ijebu Ode's was lost after a water change and you should look into the water that's coming into your mains. Are you using copper pipes in the home? If not, then I suspect the supply water works doses a pretty high level of chloramine. Treat and deal with that if you have to.

but you know what's coming... and I have to ask...

I recall you 'borrowing' a pair of Ijebu Ode from me. There wasn't any update from you regarding these and other the killies you collected.

Even if they've all gone to "the big pond in the sky", I'll still appreciate knowing. We all go through rough patches but maintaining silence doesn't help much.

Be well and keep that killie fire going (like the Olympics torch!)
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RonWill
    I recall you 'borrowing' a pair of Ijebu Ode from me. There wasn't any update from you regarding these and other the killies you collected.
    Hey Ronnie, long time no see,

I think you have recalled wrongly, I did not borrow from you but I ask you to give instead.. I almost gave up on rearing once because I nearly lost all my females at one go and you know how pityful is it like for the males without any females.
    The female Ijebu Ode is gone and I am left with only the male. Now and then I still lost females to either "popping-eye" or "dropsy" . I wonder what is wrong with my tank.

I bought 3 different types of so called "herb" from a local LFS near my place and am currently observing the outcome. I hate it when the fishes died.
    Lily Choo

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by lily
    ...long time no see,
    Correction, Lily. It's too long no see!

...I did not borrow from you but I ask you to give instead..
    Was it 'give' hmm... anyone knows where I can get more RAM modules that goes 'between the ears'?

You're not the only one who feels disillusioned when species are lost in your hands but IMHO, that only makes us more determined killie-keepers. God only knows how many times I wanted to shove it all away...

Anyway, if you're gonna stick with the hobby, do deal with the water issue. Stress is one of those reasons that causes bacterial infections to take hold and 'pop-eyes' is just a symptom, as is 'popping-scales' or dropsy. One still need to find the root of the problem.

I bought 3 different type of so called "herb" from a local LFS...
    Herbs from a LFS? Are we still talking fish or plants??
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RonWill
    Anyway, if you're gonna stick with the hobby, do deal with the water issue. Stress is one of those reasons that causes bacterial infections to take hold and 'pop-eyes' is just a symptom, as is 'popping-scales' or dropsy. One still need to find the root of the problem.
    If I ain’t gonna stick with this hobby, what am doing here then? So far after using the medication, everything seems to be in order..(Touchwood!!)

Herbs from a LFS? Are we still talking fish or plants??
    Fish, my dear friend. The medications are meant to be for the fishes. Since we have not met for so many years.. I mean for so long, maybe I should turn up tomorrow to Eco Culture with my kind of “herbs” to make sure I did not read them wrongly.
    Lily Choo