Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Wish to know more abt veiltail ramerizi...

Feedback Score

Wish to know more abt veiltail ramerizi...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi guys....
    went qian hu today n saw that they just does quite a big "renovations"...
    they have now converted one of their "hanger" to display more fishes for sales.. anyway, this is for info only.

i wish to ask u any experts in here abt a fish i saw...name is veiltail ramerizi...(or something like tat..). it's like holannd ram, but with a black strip over its eye n top fin. this fish is also available in Teo's place, in tat BIG tank ...

tried searching for information abt this fish in here but can't find any discussion...(mayb cos i got the name wrong ??)

[]

anyway, any experts can tell mi more abt this fish ? can this fish be mix with other fishes, such as tetras and discus ? or any experts can direct mi to any place where there r informations on this fish ?
    lastly, err...where can i get this fish less than $5 ? qian hu selling $5 per fish....abit x...[]

thanks...

Feedback Score
    found the correct name for it...
    Microgeophagus ramerizi...
    any experts with this fish ?

thanks.

J.J
    [:]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It's just a fancy bred form of the Holland ram - same species. Care shouldn't be much different.

BTW, I wonder why many people seem to have the idea that Holland, German, Gold, Balloon-body, Veil-fin etc.... Rams are different species....?

Feedback Score
    hi budak...

thanks for the info...
    mi new to this hobby...so tat's y i dunno it's the same species of Ram...=)
    any idea any other places sellin this ?
    seen frm NA tat they have holland ram there now...$1.50 each....might be considering to get that if i can't get veiltail any where else..=)

thanks again..

J.J

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Hi there..
    I would consider getting the normal blue ram (Microgeophagus ramerezi) rather than this "veil tailed" version.
    The reason for this is because i am all for keeping things as natural as possible, and IMO "modified" fish are weaker than the natural fish.
    James
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Feedback Score
    hi james...
    n thanks...=)
    i search the web n found that the veiltail version name's actually Microgeophagus ramerezi. the veiltail name is wat i saw in Qian Hu, so i tot tat's the actual name for it.

mind i ask where can i get this Microgeophagus ramerezi then ?

J.J

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Go to Biotope. There are German rams on sale.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/17/2003 2:30:46 AM

Hi there..
    I would consider getting the normal blue ram (Microgeophagus ramerezi) rather than this "veil tailed" version.
    The reason for this is because i am all for keeping things as natural as possible, and IMO "modified" fish are weaker than the natural fish.
    James
    ----------------
    I have mixed feeling about this... on one hand fishes from the wild are great cuz they don't have problems with in breeding, and thus come from a better genetic stock (due to survival of the fittest in the wild). However, captive bred fishes have the advantages of being adapted to aquarium style conditions. Moreover, they would have been exposed to a plethora of common aquarium diseases which might affect wild caught fishes badly. So I don't think its quite fair to say that captive bred fishes are "weaker"... in certain senses they are not.
    Allen