Thread: Acclimating invertebrates

Feedback Score

Acclimating invertebrates

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello all,
    I am searching for a clew up crew for my new Chocolate gouramis. I was thinking either a few Corydoras or some shrimp species. If I went with the shrimp, how would I acclimate them? Would it be a similar process as to fish, or can I just dump them in? The situation would be going from hard water to softer water. I have had Fiddler crabs and Algae eating shrimp before, but I just dumped them into my tanks because there was no difference in hardness.

If anyone has any good ideas on what shrimp species would go well, post it here! Though there is not a wide variety here, once everywhile(or if I go to a nearby city) something new appears. The Chocolate gouramis do seem predatory, so that has me worrying a bit on smaller species or ghost/glass shrimp.

I am staying away from most Macrobrachium species! With their long arms, it looks like they could hunt things down in the night.
    -Mark Mendoza

Feedback Score
    I just dump shrimp in, but to be on the safe side I would acclimate them. Never kept chocolates, but I don't think they will pose a problem.

Def stay away from macrobrachium unless you plan to turn your chocolate gouramis into gourmet food.