Folks, I promised Ronnie that I would post the shipment of rainbows I
    received so here goes:

In the photo above you can see the heatpack wrapped in 2 paper plates
    then bubble wrapped.

and here the heatpack is exposed

and now warming them up before introduction :wink:
    Too bad the photo is a lousy one

Ronnie, these fish all made the journey but I have lost 2 of them so far,
    within 2 days of receiving them. The 2 were not all that happy upon arrival,
    and swiftly descended into the dark void. The rest are robust and healthy!
    My hat is off to Tanner who did a firstrate packing job!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: P. tenellus shipment

Bill, thanks heaps for the pics! I often wondered what a heat pack looks like... nope we don't need one locally :wink: Nice packing indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by farang9
    Ronnie, these fish all made the journey but I have lost 2 of them so far, within 2 days of receiving them. The 2 were not all that happy upon arrival, and swiftly descended into the dark void. The rest are robust and healthy!
    Are you able to tell from the remaining 4, if you still have females in there?

I see their new home is planted but suspend 2 mops in there anyway. In my setup with mostly vals and Blyxa japonica, the gertrudae chose the mop over other fine-leaved plants.

After your tenellus have settled in and eating well, check the mop twice a week. If you find any eggs, you can either water-incubate the whole mop or just pick 'em eggs.

Hatching water should be from that same tank and toss in a wad of moss. Newly hatched Pseudomugil are quite fragile and does best on micro organisms as first foods.

Good luck, Bill. I'll keep my ears pinned to this thread for your good news!
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Well, my experience with the tenellus has taken a further nosedive: looking closely at the 2 remaining fish, appears I have 2 females! Unless
    some sort of parthenogenesis takes place, I'm out of luck to breed these.
    I had them (remaining 4) in a 10 gallon quarantine tank with 2 teaspoonsful of salt per gallon and temp set at 80F. This is not quite what
    Tyrone recommended in the thread in killies arena, but I thought it would
    help. Guess too little too late! Anyhoo, will try to hatch out an eggmop
    from supplier this spring.

Ronnie, will see about his sending you an eggmop full of eggs as well :wink:

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Bill, I'm sorry to hear about the turn of events with the tenellus. Let's hope the remaining two will heal and proceed to mature as a pair... there is always hope and do keep us updated.

TIA for the pending mop. Forrest Gump said, "Life is like a box of chocolate, we never know what we're gonna get". I love surprises, like a kid on Christmas Eve

FWIW, our friendly 'hobbit' Kenny, provided a new home for a dozen of my gertrudae and they spawned, in the fine roots of java ferns, in under an hour. Talk about well-fed horny buggers!!
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee