Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

New arrival

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi my name is Selena and very new to Killie breeding.

I would like to thank Mr Loh for giving me a trio of the Aphyosemion australes aka Lyretails plus a lot of stuff to kick off.

My first collection of eggs was on 3/12/04 the second night. I forgot what I should do and pop the six eggs in a container with the Java moss. Upon advise from Mr Loh the next day, the subsequent collection were incubated in moist peat in a little disposible container. I actually microwaved the container with wet peat, cool it before putting the eggs in. The first batch of eggs, I only manage to retrive three eggs ( the other 3 must have been digested by the Java moss ) but to find them white and hairy the next day after putting in the peat (gave them to the half-moon for disposal).

From the 3rd till 5th I have only collected about 30 good eggs (Mr Loh, I think one of the female is underaged) Everynight I check on them, so far so good. Call me kiasu (one who afraid to lose). I have green water, containers of aged water with Java, vinegar worms, brine shrimps egg and microworms all ready for the big day - 13/12/04.

Mr Loh suggest that I feed the trio with live food but I could not find any live blood worms around my place. I think, todate, their favourite food is chasing adult brine shrimps. Tried with frozen blood worm, none of them seem interested.

Will tried and keep you all posted on whether I will be successful in it.

Selena

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Selena, whereabouts are you located? I may know some nearby places for you to get live foods from, depending on where you are staying that is.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Live in 800+ Tampines, work in Simpang Bedok.

Mode of transportation around Tampines; bicycle and my two legs.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I only know of K&K in St 21 with live food. Their BBS seem to sell out very fast.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: New arrival

Hi, Selena,

Glad you found your way here. Welcome :smile:.

I'm sorry I gave you an underaged female; please don't report me to the authorities . If you have problems finding live food around your area, you should consider breeding some mosquito larvae. But don't tell anyone I suggested this . If anyone asks, I'll deny everything .

The eggs you collected should eye-up on the 3rd day. That's when you know it's safe. Eyed-up eggs are safe from fungus. Let us know when you become a grandmother of many fry and I'll pass some cigars around .

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    I only heard of smoked salmon. Loh breeding smoked killies with cigars?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by keehoe
    I only heard of smoked salmon. Loh breeding smoked killies with cigars?
    Kee Hoe,

Don't you know that its a tradition in certain cultures to pass cigars around when you become a father? I'll feel like a father when Selena becomes a grandmother .

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Loh, i know but that is only for baby boy. I thought just while Ronwil is busy breeding salted fish, you might be interested to breed smoked salmon :P

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I thought just while Ronwil is busy breeding salted fish, you might be interested to breed smoked salmon :P
    Kee Hoe, I guess you were referring to Kwek Leong's earlier post. Got some good eggs but these didn't do very well being incubated in salt or peat!

Selena, welcome to the forum. I'm extremely pleased to know that you have food ready for the small fry. I can't qualify that as 'kiasu' but being 'well prepared' is never a bad thing. Keep us updated.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Ron, thats right.

Feedback Score
    Adult Aus will take live blood worm, K&K at St 21 block 201 does have live blood worm but not available on Monday. They also have adult brine shrimp you can request them to reserve a bag for you and collect after 1900 hrs.

Kwek Leong, if you run out of eggs and young fry you know who to look for.
    I currently have 30++ eggs each for both Orange and Gold. :-)

Feedback Score
    Half boiled egg with sausage......

Kho, can i have some orange and gold? Adult, fry, egg anything.
    Now i hatching BBS for only one fry to eat. Might as well keep more. Any eye-up egg? My eggersi female just pass away... So i will stop breeding that for a long while until their egg hatch. I think i have about 6 fertile egg out of the 150 collected in the pass 2 weeks.

Feedback Score
    Kho, can i have some orange and gold? Adult, fry, egg anything.
    Just pack the eggs and ready to send so have to wait next collection which is tomorrow. I do have Aus Gold young fry you can have it.

Thanks go to Ronwill. :-)

eggersi female just pass away...

I think i have about 6 fertile egg out of the 150 collected in the pass 2 weeks.
    Something may not be right about the egg and the mother.

Feedback Score
    Have just introduce my juvenile rachovii into my small tank (from tray) as they started knocking on the wall of the tray. Now i only have one fry to feed. Both of the juvenile have same shape of analfin. I think that is a bad news.