Country
    Singapore

Curled leaves of Eusteralis stellata

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys.
    I've stumbled upon this before but I cannot recall the cause. Any remedy for this? I have a bag of coral chips in the filter.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Something about the K inhibiting Ca issue again? Nah, its plain hogwash....I don't get that type of growth if I keep up on my nutrients and CO2.

Regards
    Peter Gwee :wink:

Re: Curled leaves of Eusteralis stellata

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy
    Hi guys.
    I've stumbled upon this before but I cannot recall the cause. Any remedy for this? I have a bag of coral chips in the filter.
    Check to make sure that your CO2 is adequate for the light intensity of your tank. When in doubt, 30 ppm is a good number to shoot for.

IME, a lack of nitrogen (N) has been a reliable cause for the curling of leaves in this plant. Are you currently dosing N? A little bit more information about your tank will help.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Selwyn,

Please provide more info on your lighting (are you already into MH or are you still stuck with the mixed lamps?), liquid fertlisers, CO2 concentration, etc.

Leaf curling are often seen in high light due to exhaustion of certain nutrient(s) or as natural response to the environment change. I had seen a highlight tank (1 flourescent watt per litre) that the stem plant leafs curled but I like the look very much and they look very healthy.