Country
    Singapore

Finally....

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,
    Finally bought a CO2 system and those sands you guys had swore by it. I'm idiots when it comes to names and well Vinz, you know which brand. Anyway, just an info for all is that Nature does sell it separately in 1kg and 5kg packets. Price call and ask(refer to LFS list).

Also just realised that there's no way to fit all the Java moss I had bought leaving behind about 70-80%. Thought it would be a waste to junk them, anyone interested can pick them up from me at Yio Chu Kang MRT area. Call me at 98471589 fast.

Again, I'm really slow about names, forgive me please and for those whom was at Teo's and Gan's, thanks for all the help ,advise, patience and not kicking me down the drained pool.

Overall damaged today
    $300 *sob sob*

Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hope you had fun today
    don't worry about the stuff and all
    anything you're not sure, check out the FAQs, search the web, and if you don't get it, we're here to help you

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hiya Goondoo

it is nice to meet with you today....$300 bucks is not that bad....at least you got your tank going[]
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Billy, $300 is just the tip of the iceberg ...oopss.. those starting up, please ignore my comments[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Billy,
    Glad you took the advise and got yourself a CO2 system. I'm sure you'll not regret it.

Sorry I couldn't help you as I'm still in the learning phase myself. Anyway, do enjoy yourself setting up your tank..... hope everything will be up b4 you go back to work.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi guys again,
    Yeah, I did enjoy the experience definitely, especially the scent in Teo's area... hahaha...

Yup, the tank is up and running in just slight more than an hour. Plants down, fish in,and CO2 up...

Just love it when my tank's PH finally lowered from 8 to 7.2 plainly due to the CO2.

Well, I must be really into it this time. Feels like going to LFS whenever I'm free... Just came back from C328 (they suppose to close at 9pm, but until 11:30 still open tonight, maybe due to the competition?) Want to get two SAE but they ran out of it. Settle with 6 cardinals and 2 SAE look alike(the lady call it Xiao Ling Jing).

Got very attracted to the 4ft curve view tank and after some calculations, will need to invest about $1000 before fish and plants(talking about tip of the iceberg)... Got hold back a little but still heart itchy itchy.

Damn... I think I need psychotherapy soon... getting too deep into it... still remembered it was suppose to be just an 16" little tank for my wife and now, it seems no way back... hahaha
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    when it comes to SAE, make sure u get the right ones... or else, u might regret it.. ask sherwin []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/19/2003 12:49:24 AM

when it comes to SAE, make sure u get the right ones... or else, u might regret it.. ask sherwin []
    ----------------
    *look at Sherwin innocently*
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    um is that SAE a chinese algae eater ? if it has red fins i think its a flying fox . either one isn't that good for planted tank . from what i have gathered(search internet etceetc) they won't be much help when they grow. i think its the CAE (forgot which one)that is worse . it will start to feed on other fishes slime coating instead of algae when its get bigger , this will distress the fish which it is feeding on
    here fishy fish fishy . here shirmpy shirmpy here is my noobie tank(3wk)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Xiao jing ling = oto

there is a thread in the FAQ for IDing of SAE

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Billy,

For SAE, you can go to Biotope. They have some confirm genuine SAE there.

I bought my fake SAE from C328. Reason being that the tank was poorly litted, the tanned water and plain carelessness.....

Now I have a big problem catching them out as they are super quick swimmers.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/19/2003 9:51:12 AM

Billy,

For SAE, you can go to Biotope. They have some confirm genuine SAE there.

I bought my fake SAE from C328. Reason being that the tank was poorly litted, the tanned water and plain carelessness.....

Now I have a big problem catching them out as they are super quick swimmers.
    ----------------
    Hi Sherwin,
    OK, will check them out soon. This rain is stopping me from going out now... you know why... lol
    I got a feeling those cardinal can't get used to the CO2 yet. One just died this afternoon and I had tested the PH, KH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate are all in acceptable level.
    Might check out Petmart later part of the day for a Panda Cory replacement and maybe check out their 4' tank.

BTW, to all the rest interested with those java moss, they are all snatched up.
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

I bought an SAE from the LFS at the end of the row as 328, the rather big LFS one. maybe you could try there.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Well, couldn't find a Digital Camera and so have not really other way to present my humble tank to Sifus I had here... However, I grabbed my old HI-8 video camera and found that it can still work... haha... quality sucks though.

Ladies and Gentlemen, here we are, the link humble tank of mine.

http://lopez.streamload.com/Gimme/96.../2/aquatic.WMV

Please be warned that this is a file of about 2M in size. Not recommended for slower connection.
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    GoonDoo,
    This link has the SAE in the first picture. Hope the owner Jason don't mind.

http://www.nature-aquarium.com/aquascape.htm[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/20/2003 12:16:41 AM

SAE from AQ's DB
    ----------------

Simon,
    I only saw this thru your link

error '80020009'
    Exception occurred.

/gallery/viewfishprofile.asp, line 101
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    kekekee.. the censorship look for Crossocheilus siamensis

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/19/2003 1:03:59 AM

um is that SAE a chinese algae eater ? if it has red fins i think its a flying fox . either one isn't that good for planted tank . from what i have gathered(search internet etceetc) they won't be much help when they grow. i think its the CAE (forgot which one)that is worse . it will start to feed on other fishes slime coating instead of algae when its get bigger , this will distress the fish which it is feeding on
    ----------------
    No, the SAE is not a chinese algae eater... and it definitely does not have red fins.

In trying to ensure you get an SAE, look out for 2 main things.

1- Black stripe in the tail
    2- No black stripe in the top fin.

If it has black strip in tail & black strip in top fin you have a flying fox otherwise if it has no black stripe in the tail and no black strip in the fin you have a flase SAE... also once you get familiar with the fish, the body coloration will also help differentiate between the flying fox and SAE quickly, though the false SAE is a bit trickier.
    Allen

I had a small tank full of green thread algae stuck to my tennullus cuz I left the tank in the sun for about 2 weeks. I threw in the SAE I bought plus a pencil fish plus a yamato, within 3 days, cleared up all the thread algae!