Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Fish colouring idea?

Feedback Score

Fish colouring idea?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all, 2 days ago i slip a ChineseNewYear greeting card in between my Notho. Rachovii Nicuadala and Riv (forgot name but is from Kho).

Yesterday i realise that my Nicuadala have some black/ green reflective coating near the shoulder of the fish. Before that the fish were plain white as i am using 6side all transparent container for ease of cleaning. So red backgroud get green fish?

I realise a lot of the killies that i have doesn't colour up nicely. The "female" Beira98 colour up nicely when i place it into my 2 feed planted tank. Seriously, i don't think it is female. Its colour is too nice to be female Beira98.

Anyone know where in singapore i can find fish food that i can feed brineshrimp and inturn feed to my killies?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Fishes - if mature - will colour up as long as they are at ease with the surroundings. Your RAC colours up when in your planted tank as they are a lot of hiding places it can go to in times of danger.

Your fishes will feel threatened since they have no hiding place - so why bother to show the mating colours? Put in some plants and tone the lighting. Once they don't feel threatened, they will colour up.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    My spawning Notho. Othonotus trio still having plain colour.

Feedback Score
    If the orthonotus are over a reflective substrate (glass) they will not colour up properly. In any case, it takes about 2 months for them to properly mature (at least under our conditions). From that age they should begin to show lots of red colour. Some will also show yellow in the dorsal and anal fins. The body should be a reddish colour or a pale green-blue. What makes them really impressive is their shear bulk and "bullish good-looks" as Richard Furzer put it.

(Richard Furzer currently breeds birds in sunny California FYI.)

tt4n