Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

CO2 problem

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone, first and foremost Happy Prosperous New year to all. Have a 'fatt' time during this CNY.

OK I need some very urgent help, recently my brother just bought this CO2 canister(nutrafin), after using it for around 5 days, we notice there are water sipping into the tube. We have tried to get rid of the water but every single time we put the tube into the tank water just sips in. Does this mean that the Co2 have run out, and the diference in pressure cause the water to sip in.

Thanks before hand for any advice.

Rgds.
    Lawrence

Hey Lawrence,

I'm not sure if I got the correct product, but if its the yeast set up thing with the ladder diffusor thing that you hang onto the back of your tank thing then you probably don't have enough co2 being produced to prevent backflow. I don't think there should even be a problem with backflow unless you have it low, it is the hang on the tank isn't it. If your weather is cold, then you might have problems with the mix as well. Everyone else here will surely help you out more.

Regards,
    Dennis

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    A check valve installed along your airtubing will solve your problem.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Lawrence,

For such CO2, place the bottle (cap position) approximately level with the tank water level.

I guess the CO2 solution had been exhausted, no longer producing the CO2. Change it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Hi, guys. Thanks a lot. Ithink it should be the pressure thing. After i remove the canister to a higher level and waited for a while the bubbles return again. It was tension a bit. but now it's ok.

Thanks a lot.

Rgds.

lawrence

'Happy Planting'