Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Netting trip to FRIM.

Feedback Score
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    FC,

I think it is a great idea to exchange photography idea in the chill out section. HWChoy, let's talk there.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand
    Quote Originally Posted by dom
    Good news. I just received a call from Dr.Saw who was introduced by Dr. Aminah frm FRIM. (Dr.Saw said he is good friend of Prof. Tan from Singapore.)

Dr.Saw is going to UK for 10 days next week. After he is back to Malaysia. He will teaching me on how to collect the mosses and how to keeping them in proper condition without "hurting" to them. And there are some facilities and equipments which I can be used in FRIM as well.
    That is a great news, Dom. Record what you learn and share it with us .
    Hi Randall,

I was missed your reply. Sorry about that. Of couse i will share with you guys. No matter how or who still coming in and stepping on me again. I believe none of the hobbyst done that before in Malaysia. (As Dr.Saw told me I am the first person who into this and might be able to help them out on some wild aquatic plants collection in FRIM.)

He did told me they are having an aquarium which with few type of mosses in their lab. Hope I can get some pictures to share with you guys later on.

Cheers,
    dom
    My new blog about field trip, aquascaping, DIY and etc. http://dominicanrepublica.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    dom, have you seen the aquatic moss paper posted here somewhere, written by Prof Benito Tan of NUS?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    dom, have you seen the aquatic moss paper posted here somewhere, written by Prof Benito Tan of NUS?
    Hi Choy,
    Is it the moss article?

Recently there are lot of farms and hobbyst collecting the wild cryptocorynes from rivers. Like Cryptocoryne "Bullosa" (Sorry if i spelling wrongly.) Cryptocoryne Cordata and Undulata. The funny thing is, the farm workers don't know the actual name of the plants which they collected. One of my member saw and helping them to verify.

They taking it, propagating it... and selling it. Without proper record and name.
    My new blog about field trip, aquascaping, DIY and etc. http://dominicanrepublica.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yes the one that talks about Christmas moss, Singapore moss, etc etc etc.

btw scientific names are written with the specific name NEVER capitalised e.g. Cryptocoryne cordata not Cryptocoryne Cordata.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    btw scientific names are written with the specific name NEVER capitalised e.g. Cryptocoryne cordata not Cryptocoryne Cordata.
    I did not know that, thanks for the tip...I'll keep that in mind whenever I have to write scientific names.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand
    I did not know that, thanks for the tip...I'll keep that in mind whenever I have to write scientific names.
    no problem Randall having them italicised make it look even more scientific

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Hi Choy,

I didn't know that too. Thanks for the tips. Will keep that in mind.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by dom
    Hi Choy,

I didn't know that too. Thanks for the tips. Will keep that in mind.

sure thing. we all learn something new everyday

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456