Images
    Country
    Singapore

Another bite of the cherry ..... shrimp

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    System Control & Engineering has new stock of yamatos and cherry shrimp - the cherries are quite large, almost the size of small yamatos. Already see people snapping them up.

(BTW, should the plural of yamato be yamatos or yamatoes???)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Can't resist... bad joke time.

What do you call red yamatos (other then dead) since the word 'cherry' is taken?

Tomato Shrimps.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

budak, what's their pricing like?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    cherries a $1.50 per bite i think. yamatoe probably $1. thewy also have a lot of nice plants now: toninas, rotalas, echinos, hygrophilas, ferns, mosses, hairgreas, crinum, crypts, small riccia, najas....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    cherries a $1.50 per bite i think. yamatoe probably $1. thewy also have a lot of nice plants now: toninas, rotalas, echinos, hygrophilas, ferns, mosses, hairgreas, crinum, crypts, small riccia, najas....
    ----------------

Don't mind me say but their pricing is for cherry is hay wire... yamatos the size you are discribing is also too much.

No offence just a comment.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I don't necessary agree. These are the largest cherries I've ever seen. And I didn't describe the size of the yamatoes. No offence either, but I think I recognise quality (or value) when I see it.

Someone once said that people know everything about prices, and nothing about value.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    I don't necessary agree. These are the largest cherries I've ever seen. And I didn't describe the size of the yamatoes. No offence either, but I think I recognise quality (or value) when I see it.

Someone once said that people know everything about prices, and nothing about value.
    ----------------

Sorry read your previous msg wrongly... anyway cherry also should not be at 1.50/- and only large I mean real large yamatos should be 1.00/-.

Anyway agree with the quality thing but anyway got my quality shrimps(at least to me) at cheaper prices too.

Anyway saw a shop selling malayans at 3 for 1.00/-. Well thats way too much. Can be bought for 100 for 9.00/-. Whats the quality difference that makes it 3-4 times the price.

Not try to fight out the price here just commenting. Shall be my last msg here to avoid misunderstanding.

Feedback Score
    I'm so jealous! I don't know US$ -> Singapore$, but I paid $12.99 (US$) for three cherry shrimp last weekend. In 72 hours, they all died, PLUS two of my three Yamatos I've had for a long time died . I think there might have been traces of pesticide on the new plant I bought at the same time as the cherries. This store also sells Yamatos at $10.99 for three or thereabouts. They do discount both varieties further if you buy five (e.g. $19.99 for five cherry shrimp). Anyway, the red cherry shrimp are very new in the hobby, here (in the US). I hope the store keeps stocking them so I can try again in a few weeks (after I've gotten all traces of contaminant out of my tank). Very expensive! At least I know to quarantine new plants from now on. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The conversion rate from USD to Singapore dollar is about 1:1.8 meaning US$1 = s$1.8 roughly... so now you can be even more jealous... I've always felt that Singapore has one of the lowest prices in the world for aquatic creatures.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Eeeep! I'm in the wrong country! Or the wrong hobby. No, definitely wrong country [] ...

It seems that the cherries are fairly easy to breed, unlike the Yamatos. Hopefully, we won't be limited to importation. Maybe (that's a big "maybe&quot we'll eventually see the price of cherries come down to under the Yamatos. The less-patient (like me) will have to dish out the big bucks, I guess... Or move .

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Now, who want to setup a shop in US? Can be millionaire soon!