Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Hawaii's Fissiden

Feedback Score

Hawaii's Fissiden

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I found what I think is a fissiden. Here's the pic (though my pics suck I know).

This is the best pic I could from my emersed grow-out tank. Actually, this is a moss I collected some months back, but the plant was so small that I couldn't really see how it looked. Now that it's grown out a bit from the tiny sample I originally had, I can see it looks a lot like the fissidens we've seen posted here and elsewhere. As to where I found it . . . *drumroll*:

In the back of a fast food restaurant; I saw it when I went in back to the bathroom.

There was a gutter that opened onto a muddy spot, and the restaurant is in a valley that rains a lot. The moss was growing on the muddy spot by the gutter opening. It looked different so I *embarresedly* squated to take a sample. :P
    --Steven

Just an update of fissiden gymnogynus. It turns out to be semi-aquatic afterall. I moved it up to the front so I guess I just needed to take a closer look.

Refer back to this link:
    http://www.killies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2159

Steven,

That is a nice setup there, can you fill me in on details on how you setup an emmersed tank, and also how you convert an underwater plant into emmersed conditions?