Images
    Country
    Singapore

Mini Pellia and Chendol plant

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    A few months back people were going crazy and pay top $$ for above 2 plants.

Can anyone comment about how easy is it to grow these plants and show some pictures of them.

So far I have only seen mini pellia picture from Joe and Mermaid and Chendol plant from Sam Yik.
    If you are into Nature, check out the new NSS Nature Forum.
    See my Nature photos and Butterfly Blog

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The nice thing about chendol grass is that it stays very low and grows very thick. And the new plantlets tend to stay well rooted instead of rising upwards. The bad thing is that it seems to require quite cool <28 celsius water. Fertilize with EI and CO2 and it'll do quite well. Growth rate is actually quite fast once conditions are right, faster than HC.

The leaves will droop to the side, so the height stays under 1.5cm. In some areas of my tank, the leaves droop haphazardly, but in other areas, the leaves droop in the same direction very nicely. I think its to do with the direction of the light.

To propagate, simply get a nice long leaf of a healthy green and stuff it horizontally a few mm under the gravel. Within a few days, small leaves will sprout all along the body of the original leaf.

I'm not sure how to boost their green colouring though, mine tends to be a tad yellowish in some areas of the tank, but are ok in other areas.
    Plus I'm getting algae issues, dun know why, very vexing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    crandf (may I know your name?),

I think I saw this Chendol plant. Can you share with me with photo of your tank?

Regarding the yellowing of your plant, try inserting a horti tab (green button look) under it. As for the algae, it is hard to diagnose. Do you have enough water circulation at that spot?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    EI takes care of nutrients issue and direct all the focus on one thing...CO2. That is 90-95% of folks main issue with algae. Add a tad more CO2 and see if things improve. If not, add some more slowly so on and fore up to a point where the critters act all funny, then back off.

Regards
    Peter Gwee