Country
    Singapore

Geomancy and the Planted Tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, folks,

Being a skeptic, I don't believe in Geomancy (FengShui). I think Geomancy is just a lot of hogwash, like Astrology. There's no scientific basis for the things they say, like it's bad luck to have sharp objects pointing at your house or that your door has to be an a certain angle in order to attract good fortune.

But being a planted tank enthusiast, I'm a great believer in Geomancy. Why, you ask? Well, the reason is that my wife is a believer, you see. She believes that when my plants in my main tank are growing well, good fortune is on the way. In the last few years, I managed to secure the $50 COE and also made a small windfall in the stock market. When my old company retrenched me, they gave me a large sum of money as retrenchment benefits and I got my job back with the new company that was formed to replace the old one. So I got to keep my job and the money as well. All these happened when the plants in my main tank were growing really well. It's just coincidence, of course but the wife doesn't think so. She is adamant that in order for good fortune to strike, the plants have to be growing vibrantly.

Recently, I tried to rescape my main tank into an all-moss tank. Although the mosses are growing quite well, they don't project a vibrant outlook like the way stem plants would. They look rather dull, in fact. And my wife says that's the reason we haven't strike 4 D or Toto for such a long time. No "vibrant plant growth" means no "good fortune", she says.

I wanted to change my substrate to ADA's aquasoil but the cost is prohibitive. If not for the fact that she believes in Geomancy, I would never have got her to agree on spending the money to acquire the soil.

So if you guys have problems with your wife, girlfriend or mother and they complain about the money you spent on your planted tank, try a little Geomancy

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ha ha ha, that is true.

For me I got my 2nd tank through that beleive. That was during the Luohan craze when my wife was caught up by the fever. She asked for a tank and I happily get one and sized for ...... my future needs ...... planted tank!

True enough to my instinct, the fever does not last and now the tank is for mine to splash on . It is a marine tank for the moment, just to learn about marine.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Geomancy and the Planted Tank

Quote Originally Posted by timebomb
    So if you guys have problems with your wife, girlfriend or mother and they complain about the money you spent on your planted tank, try a little Geomancy

Loh K L
    Unfortunately this doesn't work for my wife.
    I'm still trying to persuade her on a second planted tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Good geomancy (fengShui) in having planted tank never comes to me. I remember the day I bought my very first tank (a 3 ft), my wife started her "nagging". The "nagging" did not stop. In fact, it became worst when I had my 2nd, 3rd, .... & finally the 7th tanks.
    Currently, I just moved to a new home. Have not setup any tank yet as I still could not find the time to do so. Interestingly, the "nagging" from my wife seems to disappear!!!
    So, I am now in big dilemma whether to do away with any tank & have a "non-nagging" wife or continue with the hobby & be "rewarded" with a "nagging" wife.

Yandy