Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Digital Photography and Equipment

Feedback Score
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by benny
    As for me, I'm a Canon user and those are taken with my Canon digital SLR camera. However, I'll honestly say that it's not the camera, but the technique that makes a difference (as proved by hwchoy) and it's not the setting, but the setup that makes the difference.

Cheers,
    Benny, thanks to your recommendation on the Canon 100mm f/2.8 nonUSM
    macro, I will be receiving one in about a week. I was lucky to find this on
    ebay, as most all offerings are for the USM model. Can't wait to try this on
    my Canon D30.

Thanks again,

Bill

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Bill, its a darn good lens. you will enjoy it. btw this lens has a sweet spot around f/8 to f/13 which is reasonably good for fishes about an inch or two.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    Bill, its a darn good lens. you will enjoy it. btw this lens has a sweet spot around f/8 to f/13 which is reasonably good for fishes about an inch or two.
    Heng Wah, can't wait to start using this lens. I've seen some pics from this
    lens on a few sites, quite stunning sharpness! And the best bokeh there is...

Bill

Feedback Score
    After going through this thread I have to agree that the setup is what makes the photograph. I usually set up my tripod in front of my tank and wait for some photos, or I will make a smaller "photograph" setup where I make it so the fish in that particular tank can only go into a certain area and let them calm down to get their normal colors back. This works when I just want to show the male of any of my killies, that and it hides the rest of my tank.

I currently use the Canon EOS 20D with a flash attached to my hotshoe, I have a reflector above the tank and have my flash bounce off of that and back onto the fish in the tank so I can get a head on shot with a flash, what I can say it is much easier to take photographs of models then it is of fish, they just dont seem to do what you want no matter how much you plead or offer up some tasty treat.
    Ray
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    USA

Feedback Score
    Ray, the 20D is a super nice camera! One of the co-owners of Aquatic
    Photography Forum shoots with this cam along with some other forumers,
    and the pics are incredible! Love to see some of your work

Bill

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345