Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by timebomb
    Sure, Andrew. Your wish is my command

Bioplast has many display tanks, some of which are "one plant tanks". In other words, there's only one species of aquarium plant in the tank. Usually, it's hard to create a nice aquascape with only one species of plant but Bioplast does it quite well with the various bryophytes. Here's an example:

Close-up:

Doesn't it look like a single tree growing on a field of grassland. The Crystal Red Shrimps are like cows grazing on the field.

The bryophyte is Fissidens fontanus, a plant that came from Tony aka Gomer who lives in the United States. According to the professor, the F. fontanus can be found in most parts of North America.

Loh K L
    What moss is that????

Feedback Score
    read the comment for the 2nd picture...
    The bryophyte is Fissidens fontanus, a plant that came from Tony aka Gomer who lives in the United States. According to the professor, the F. fontanus can be found in most parts of North America.
    Kindest Regards,

Martin

'Tis a great world underneath the sea'

Feedback Score
    Sure, Andrew. Your wish is my command

Bioplast has many display tanks, some of which are "one plant tanks". In other words, there's only one species of aquarium plant in the tank. Usually, it's hard to create a nice aquascape with only one species of plant but Bioplast does it quite well with the various bryophytes. Here's an example:

(pictures removed to save space.)

Doesn't it look like a single tree growing on a field of grassland. The Crystal Red Shrimps are like cows grazing on the field.

Loh K L
    Loh K L,

could you see if the prof. has a picture of the moss emersed? i might have to go hunting for it, but winter is fast aproaching so i only will have a few months. On the other hand a person my age in Canada reported finding some fissidens emersed and was trying to submerge them. He made a topic on TPT will look for the link for you.

Thanks for those pictures, I have seen tanks like this and they look amazing especially with those red cows tending to the field i hope to someday create a display tank like this with a fissidens, hopefully a local one to make more of an impact!

As I'm always begging, more pics please? Living in the USA has some disatvantages, especially not being able to go moss shopping with you guys over in Japan !

- Andrew -

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    Living in the USA has some disatvantages, especially not being able to go moss shopping with you guys over in Japan !
    Actually these fish shops are in Singapore, but I'm sure Japan is another great destination to go shopping, and also don't forget Denmark.

Feedback Score
    Denmark isn't a place to shop moss. We have very few species here unfortunately..
    Kindest Regards,

Martin

Feedback Score
    though I do collect, covet and hoard mosses.
    And I'm trying to convince Tropica to start producing more mosses. Especially Fissidens
    Kindest Regards,

Martin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand
    Living in the USA has some disatvantages, especially not being able to go moss shopping with you guys over in Japan !
    Actually these fish shops are in Singapore, but I'm sure Japan is another great destination to go shopping, and also don't forget Denmark.
    Stupid me. Stupid me.

Sorry, im an American lol. I'm sorry about that.

back on topic now, More pictures?! Please!

- Andrew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Andrew,

I don't think the professor has any pictures of the Fissidens fontanus. The moss came from Gomer who said it sprang up from a piece of driftwood he collected from a pond in Louisana.

As for more pictures, I'll see if I can get some more over the weekend. I have to pay Bioplast a visit before I can take new ones.

Loh K L

Feedback Score

Bioplast - Fissidens tank - blackout version

The Bioplast fissidens tank pic is great...but with all background blacked out to hide equipement, would be fantastic!

Kwek Leong, Ok to blackout background equipment using Photoshop for my personal use and to post here?

DaveZ

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sure, Dave. Feel free to do what you like with the pictures. As long as you don't remove the "www.killies.com" stamp, I'm okay with whatever you want to do with the pics.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Andrew,

I don't think the professor has any pictures of the Fissidens fontanus. The moss came from Gomer who said it sprang up from a piece of driftwood he collected from a pond in Louisana.

As for more pictures, I'll see if I can get some more over the weekend. I have to pay Bioplast a visit before I can take new ones.

Loh K L
    Oh I see, Well I have relatives in Mississippi and we are going to visit them in November for "Thanksgiving" We are flying into Louisiana. So maybe, just probably I will ship home a box of moss collected there!

- Andrew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Pardon me for noobie... Can anyone let me know what is the address of this amazing shop. Need to "Pop" in!!! :P

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by BaLuKu
    Pardon me for noobie... Can anyone let me know what is the address of this amazing shop. Need to "Pop" in!!! :P
    BIOPLAST (System & Control Engineering Co.)
    BLK 22 Boon Keng Road, #01-23, Singapore 330022
    Tel: 62964916, 62964919

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12