Hi, folks,

You know, every now and then, a hobbyist comes into the forum and he's keen on mosses. I've always make it a point to help whenever I can and if he signs off with a real name and introduces himself properly, I'll always make sure he gets something special. Not every hobbyist who's keen on mosses comes into the forum though. There are some who prefer to write me privately.

A couple of weeks ago, someone living in Denver, USA wrote to compliment me about my moss page, the one where I showed how I grow a moss wall. He didn't ask me for any moss but he did mention that he was going to get some from aquabid. So I offered to send him some mosses. I sent 3 species to him and that was more than a week ago. I've not heard from him since.

Yesterday when I came home from work, there was a large envelope on my table. When I opened it, there was a typewritten letter inside. It was from the guy in Denver. He also sent a gift, something which he made himself. I was touched. It's not like I expect gifts in return when I sent mosses to hobbyists in other countries but a gift like this really makes my day.

Here's what he sent:

If you are one of those who has received moss or mosses from me, please take note that I ask for nothing in return. Please do not let this post put pressure on you to send me something. A word of thanks will suffice. Really, I'm happy if you're happy. You don't have to send anything in return.

Loh K L