Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Great Singapore Moss

Feedback Score

Great Singapore Moss

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I was at the stream where you can find the most beautiful Singapore Moss last week while trying out shooting with my new 105mm Macro lens.
    I thought i should take some pictures of the Moss besides insects to share with you guys.

I've cleared the layer of mud on the moss before taking these pictures. From Far:

There are many such patches of moss along the stream, this is one of them

Water is cold and they are growing well in the stream. You can find almost perfect christmas shape moss when you look at it closer

Not forgetting the insects with my 105mm macro lens. Not very good though, but i'm proud of it for my very first attempt with the new lens

Ben Yau
    Ben Yau
    Hexazona

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Very nice!! Now the next step is to put a ring fence and barb wire around the site....

The two mating flies look like Dolichopodid flies, also known as long-legged flies for obvious reasons. Their larvae feed on aquatic larvae of other insects and Singapore has a very high diversity of species. A reason talk on these flies is recorded on my blog

The first spider is a jumping spider, while the second looks like a wolf spider with eggs (or young) on its back. If you'll excuse the self-promotion, a little write-up about Singapore spiders is available here.