Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Crazy Porcupine Puffer

Crazy Porcupine Puffer

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My little porcupine puffer, Kirby, has developed a taste for algae wafers. We have a salarias blenny in the tank to help with algae, and we have been supplimenting his diet with the wafers. Recently Kirby has discovered them, and now eats every one we put in the tank. He'll even grab an algae wafer out of the bleny's mouth. This really surprizes me because he won't touch flake food. Any ideas about why in the world he likes these so much?

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Stariel,
    this post of yours really puzzle me.. coz pufferfish dun really take algae... well, anyway, each fish have it own characteristics... perhaps it is trying to become a vegetarian.. hahaha.. ok.. joke aside.. as long as it is eating.. it should be fine.. dun worry so much abt it..
    sorry for taking so long to reply...
    Kelvin
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/21/2002 6:40:18 PM

My little porcupine puffer, Kirby, has developed a taste for algae wafers. We have a salarias blenny in the tank to help with algae, and we have been supplimenting his diet with the wafers. Recently Kirby has discovered them, and now eats every one we put in the tank. He'll even grab an algae wafer out of the bleny's mouth. This really surprizes me because he won't touch flake food. Any ideas about why in the world he likes these so much?
    ----------------
    Hi Stariel ! I do noitced porcupine puffer chewing on sponges on the coral reef, well ! I guess if sponges are hard to come by ! algea wafer will do just fine ! Cheers ! [] []

akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

i think puffers r rubbish eaters leh kee kee....as in they wack almost everything tt can fit in their mouths[]
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Well the blenny has now gone on to the other world.
    He was missing for a couple of days and presumed dead. Then he reappeared, but a few hours later was found dead with part of his head missing! []
    Foul play by Kirby is suspected but not confirmed, although he has never been aggressive towards the other fish before. Perhaps the blenny died and then was lunch. He was looking a little pale and acting strange lately.
    Motive: Love of algae wafers.