Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Sluts in my planted tank!! Help!

Sluts in my planted tank!! Help!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi to all,

It has been a long time and finally I cannot help it but to consult you guys here. For the past 3 months there appeared some worm like creature appearing in my tank. They are very small, up to 1cm and they can contract and lengthen. They are pinkish in colour wile some are more red. They don't have eyes but you can tell where is the head and tail. They move the way a slut moves along the glass, plants. Most of the time they are inside the substract, but sometimes especially during feeding time they come out to the surface and crawl all over the tank and even up to the water surface, gliding along. They do not seem to be a treat to my fishes, shrimps and plants, but they are unsightly, worse then those unwanted snails. worst of all they started multiplying pretty fast.

Have any of you encountered such "sluts"? Please recommand me some solution to get ride of them.
    Thank you.

Tong

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Sluts in my planted tank!! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by hamamatsu1999
    Have any of you encountered such "sluts"? Please recommand me some solution to get ride of them
    Oh dammit Tong, how kinky can one get but urm... do you want to rid or ride the 'sluts'??

Others will surely come up with solutions to your 'slippery' problem, ie. if it's planaria we're dealing with. You might also want to look here.

Still, another reason to practice safe sex... I mean quarantine!
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    South Africa

Re: Sluts in my planted tank!! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by RonWill
    Oh dammit Tong, how kinky can one get but urm... do you want to rid or ride the 'sluts'??

Thanks

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for the information and advice. I should practice safe sex as well as spell check next time.

But now I wonder where I can those chamicals to get rid of them. Should I start smuggling those chemicals from my school's chemistry or biology lab?

Tong