Thread: Mosses and the men who love them - Part IX

Feedback Score
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by timebomb
    Luciano,

It's impossible to tell from the pictures alone if yours and the Anchor Moss belong to the same species. Since you have quite a fair bit of it, why don't you send a small sample of your moss to me? This is my mailing address:

Loh Kwek Leong
    Block 104 Towner Road
    #08-324
    Singapore 322104

Loh K L
    Hi Loh,

I go, I prepare and I send of the moss spp to the address that you have written to me .

bye
    Luciano

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timebomb
    Quote Originally Posted by fish newb
    1 quesiton. one of my mosses died, it was an unusuall looking specimen, would the professor be able to ID it even though it isnt alive, or doesnt seem alive? this is the case for two of the ones i had collected, but i would love to know what they where still,
    Andrew,

The moss does not have to be alive before the professor can identify it. Even when they are dead, the leaves of a moss retain its shape and the cell structures are still intact. Having said that, however, I would like to point out to you that it does not serve the interest of the moss-lovers community to learn of the identities of mosses that cannot survive under water. As I've said many times, the professor is a busy man so when we ask him for help in identifying mosses, we should only show him the ones that can thrive in our tanks. I can understand your curiousity about the mosses you collected but we have to remember that there are thousands of species of mosses. It wouldn't be fair to the professor and also, it would serve little purpose to the community if we ask him to identify every moss we find.

Loh K L
    I got the moss you sent to me this past monday. Sorry i forgot to tell you, I've been really busy. The moss is great and it shipped well!

The liverwort that died on me was my fault because i made a mistake I am wondering what it is/was because I will probably go and try and collect it again

I have quite a few mosses so I will use the bags you sent me and some of my own, I'm going to be shipping the package out USPS Priority mail this monday so hopefully you will get them soon!

Thanks again!

- Andrew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12