Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by WiNd08 View Post
    any idea if they are willing to take in a lab technician / trainee which have relavant knowledge in tissue culture??
    I'm afraid I don't know if Oriental has an opening for someone like you. I would suggest you write to them to find out. Oriental is a bit out of the way so they probably have problems hiring people. My guess is if there's an opening, you would stand a pretty good chance.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Bro KL, thanks for the insight... I must really admit that their concern is very valid...

WiNd08, why not apply to do your vacation industrial training with them...

Warmest Regards from Merviso aka Merv Soh
    [ my vivarium: 2012, 2010, 2009 & 2007]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i'm a dreamer... a dreamer living in the lost city of moonlight.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by timebomb View Post
    I'm afraid I don't know if Oriental has an opening for someone like you. I would suggest you write to them to find out. Oriental is a bit out of the way so they probably have problems hiring people. My guess is if there's an opening, you would stand a pretty good chance.

Loh K L
    yeah, i realised they're located deep inside Lim Chu Kang , I did send them an e-mail regarding the issue. Usually such organisations have their private transport from the nearest MRT station.

I am trying to look for a vocation as a trainee there as I can stay only for a few months before NS

Quote Originally Posted by Merviso View Post
    Hi Bro KL, thanks for the insight... I must really admit that their concern is very valid...

WiNd08, why not apply to do your vacation industrial training with them...
    Hi, I am currently having my training at a Pharmaceautical company so I can't apply as an intern , have e-mailed them and hope they do reply me with some good news!

If I've known about this company before I started my internships, I could've requested Oriental Aquarium to take me in! *sigh*

Feedback Score
    Country
    Kenya

Re: Oriental Aquarium 2007 visit

Hello all you beautiful people out there, I have my own TC lab here in Nairobi, Kenya and will soon embark on TC on aquatic plants. I by the way run one of the biggest aquarium shops in this part of the world. Recently importing live plants from outside has become a nightmare situation for us due to the lack of knowledge within our local government offices, so there are many restrictions for us here. the importance for keeping beautiful planted tanks always require aquatic plants, without plants the aquariums look empty and bare, and its just not a cosmetic thing but also provides fish a real home.

Therefore, producing a small section of plants here would be wise. However, we have other constriants, knowledge. I have successfully grown orchids, ferns, begonias and strawberries and many, many other plants through TC but I need more infromation on TC of aquatic plants. Can anyone of you help me, specially Joane who has visited oriental as posted here.

i would really appreciate some help please from anyone who has it.

regards,

Saif - from Safari country.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12