Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    This is my new scape

Spec
    38"x23"x15"h
    Eheim 2217
    Dennerle pressurised CO2

Lighting - 1 x 30w aquaglo T8, 1 x 36w 6500k compact T5, 1 x 36w 4000k compact T5.

Substrate - Soil mix with fine gravel and sand

Plants
    Bolbitis heudelotii
    Crypt albida
    C. balansae
    C. lucens
    C. undulatus 'red'?
    C. wendtii 'brown'
    C. wendtii 'Tropica'
    Echinodorus amazonicus
    E. uruguayensis
    Limnobium laevigatum
    Singpore moss - Vesicularia dubyana
    Peacock moss - Taxiphyllum sp
    1 unknown moss looks like willow moss

The scape isn't finished i may add some more wood to the right hand side. I will also be edging the sand foreground with moss and using probable Eleocharis to cover the gravel till the crypts fill in.

Please give any tips or view.

Regards.
    Steven

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I am not good in aquascaping but the tank looks promising.
    I would appreciate if you could post the progress every 2~3 weeks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice tank, Steven. One question: How do you decide where to put the driftwoods and which direction they should point at?

I'm no Amano but I think the driftwoods should be positioned in a way they don't look like they were put together haphazardly, if you know what I mean.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Freddy I certainly will post my progress it will be a long term scape this one so don't expect fast progress.

Loh K L, i positioned the wood the way i thought it looked best i want to make it look as natural as possible, but i also wanted to create a path with wood arching over it which made i quite hard. I will be moving the smallish piece of wood in the right foreground so the it doesn't look so parallel to the one to its left. How else do you think it could be improved?

I know it's very hard to identify mosses from photos but, have you any idea what the bottom of the two mosses is, the top one is peacock.
    Steven

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Steven,

As it is, it's hard enough trying to identify moss from pictures. Yours are in bits and pieces which makes it even more difficult. I wouldn't even hazard a guess All I can say is it's definitely not Willow Moss.

I don't know how you can improve your driftwood arrangement but since you are planning on some sort of a passageway, I would suggest you put the driftwoods into 2 distinct groups and leave a clear space in between. Maybe your picture gave me the wrong impression but the driftwoods on the right of the tank seems a bit too far apart from each other. If you group them closer, I think the effect would turn out better.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Hi guys, I have decided to remove the Echinodorus, but i am stuck on what to use. there are 3 options,

Option 1 - Large round leaf crypt, this would be my first choice but i don't know if the only types for sale blassii, cordata would be big enough to fill the corner.

Option 2 - Microsorum 'narrow' or 'philippine' tied to wood

Option 3 - Hygrophila sp, an easy to grow plant that will give me a nice bright green im looking for but also fit in with the mainly asian type plants used.

What do you think cause i can't make my mind up.

I'm gonna give the wood a bit of a mix up i think when it come to putting in the new plants.
    Steven