Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

" arrrrrrgh " my golden stripe royal pleco ! "

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    man ! I just discover my favourite 8" golden stripe royal pleco " dead ! ". There were no external scars or injuries , eyes were not sunken , belly is not sucken or bloated. It was still eating the previous day ! but the only strange thing I noticed before it " kick the bucket " is that instead of clinging or rest on the drift wood , it was positioning itself at the filtering system outlet ! very very strange ! my the other plecos looks fine ! hm ! what have gone wrong ! .

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi akoh

sorry to hear of your pl*co...have you checked your water parameter?....perhaps it may be time to flush your filter which all of us aquarist are guilty of for not doing filter flush for months![:0]

how long have you got this pl*co? Perhaps it could have been the end of its natural life.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sad loss for u, we feel for u[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/22/2002 9:57:31 AM

hi akoh

sorry to hear of your pl*co...have you checked your water parameter?....perhaps it may be time to flush your filter which all of us aquarist are guilty of for not doing filter flush for months![:0]

how long have you got this pl*co? Perhaps it could have been the end of its natural life.
    ----------------
    David , I have this fellow for about 1 year, generally the lifespan for Royal Pleco is about 50 yrs !. The biggest Royal Pleco I saw was about 2'in length !, hence unlikely it have reaches its natural life.
    I did a system flushing about 2 weeks ago ( thats after 6 months ). water parameter checked was okay ! I have another 10" Royal pleco and some others L series in the same tank and they looks okay !. I'm really puzzled with had had happened ! * sob * , Thks for your input !

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oops wrong guess on the age thing huh?[]...do you happen to have substrate in your ple*co tank?...if you do perhaps it may be good to give it a vacum as sometimes as the dirt collects at the gravel, bacteria may form and get certain bottom feeders sick....like corys that loss their barbels[]
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    David, mine is a " bare bottom " tank , man ! look like I've to look another closer look for more clues, once again Kum sia !.

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hmmm?...this is a mystery....sorry akoh...cant help you much....[]
    [email protected]