Thread: Thai trip

Feedback Score

Thai trip

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

I am getting wanderlust, again, and found a great-looking guided tour that I am considering taking some time next year.

http://www.vantagetravel.com/Trip/It...777_1319_11#11

Vantage arranges all their own flights, so it may not be feasible for me to stop off in SG. I'll just have to wait and see.

Unless something changes, I will not plan to do any collecting. Rather I will try to hit some local shops for "live souvenirs" to bring home. I'm fairly sure I can score some nice killifish, there. Anabantoids?

I plan to go to the aquatic-plant convention in Atlanta in early Nov. and then visit my brother's family in Florida and go on with my son for a short tour of Puerto Rico. Then ski season starts...

I have a trip to Colorado planned to ski with the Rotary Ski Group's annual outing in Feb. Most likely, a trip to Thailand would be after skiing is pretty much over and I am ready to travel again. [That is, the casts are off, etc. ]

Folks on this list may help by advising me of optimum travel time, weather wise. I never have gotten straight the equatorial region's seasons. Also, any Thai hobbyists on this forum who might wish to show me their fish rooms might contact me by PM and we can set it up. [The itinerary in the link above can indicate about where I will be going in the country.] I'm buying dinner, if you will just show me to some good local cuisine.

BTW, I am considering seriously the extra side trip to Angkor Wat.

Looking forward to the excellent advice I always get from the good people on this forum,

Wright
    01 760 872-3995
    805 Valley West Circle
    Bishop, CA 93514 USA

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Seems like you have plenty on your plate, Wright. Good for you

If you are going to Bangkok, you must visit Jatujak (sometimes spelt as Chatuchak) market. I wish I can ask my Thai friends to take you around the place but I haven't been in touch with them for quite a while. But Jatujak is easy to find. Just hop into any taxi and they will bring you there. Be careful of 2 things while you are there though. One, you can easily get lost. The whole place is a maze of small shops and you will find yourself walking around in circles. Two, beware of pickpockets.

Weather-wise, Bangkok isn't very much different from Singapore. It's just hot most of the time.

I have never been to Angkor Wat myself but I'm sure the place is worth a visit. The Thais are one of the most friendly people around. It isn't for nothing Thailand is known as the "land of smiles".

By the way, should you change your mind about hopping over to Singapore, I just like you to know that I wouldn't mind taking leave to accompany you around again. Just tell me when.

Loh K L