Images
    Country
    Singapore

China Aquatic Scene - Suzhou

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    It is Autumn now, I was wandering around the Suzhou's "Hua Niao Shi Chang" Flower Bird Market . . . it was a nice afternoon. This one of the better aquatic shops.

I will post more pictures if you are interested.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Show us more, Freddy. I'm interested.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

She is very cute. Young and carefree. Once a while, you see them on the street.

Feedback Score
    Wow, the tanks look very lovely and well scaped. Unlike in germany. I often see tanks with loads of fish, barely any plants, and if they got plants, many die due to bad lighting.
    <<< Greets
    >>> Philipp W

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think it is obvious, from Freddy's pictures that the aquatic plant hobby is thriving in China.

I don't know if they are the standard fish shops in China but I must say their tanks look very well maintained, far better than those in Singapore. Here, many fish shops don't even have display tanks. It could be a problem with space though as real estate here would definitely cost a lot more than in China.

I'm also intrigued by the picture of the girl who's fiddling with her handphone. If teenagers like her are a common sight in China, then China has changed a lot more than I thought.

Loh K L

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, the aquatic plant hobby is thriving in this part of China.
    1) Notice that all tanks in the shop are display tanks, about 20. Fishes are sold in small room at backyard.
    2) It is affordable to locals. The price for a 6 footer comprehensive setup is S$1,500 (about US$1,000).
    3) RMB and wages are rising fast these days.

Service is mostly very good in China and you experience it everywhere in developed cities. I am not be able to resist but admire/attracted to their spirit. I have been in/out of China frequently and I like this motherland for both poor or rich places/people. They are very competitive people albit slightly relaxed pace. For handphone usage, every single person in costal China has a handphone, even those earn S$300 (S$200 is the minimum wage). Every young people spend lots of time in internet - chating, movies, gaming, research, etc. Internet is a major form of cheap entainments that most will not do without.

See this blind guiding floor. How often one see such aid here or any developed countries? Surprisingly, they are common facility that lead blind to every corners of the street although I have yet to see blind person.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    seems like they don't like to use processed soil there!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Here, they mostly use quartz sands to cover the base fertilizer. There is one tank that use processed soil, see the last pic of my 1st posting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    oh yeah, i have seen it already.

did you manage to get anything exotic back??