Images
    Country
    Singapore

NLS cichlid and growth formula

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Anyone seen the 1mm size NLS cichlid and growth formula in a LFS lately, when to Yishun but they have only the 0.5mm bottle only. Which LFS stock a good range of NLKS product for Cichlid?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    NLS supplier sends stock to Singapore infrequently, so certain formulas take ages to restock once they run out. For Growth formula, it's quite readily available. I've seen it in C328, Polyart and Seaview. As for 1mm Cichlid formula, I haven't seen it for ages. A good replacement is Thera+A 1mm (which recently went out of stock at C328 and Polyart) and Discus formula 1mm. I personally use Discus formula now.

One thing to note about NLS is that while certain formulas are optimised for certain fish, they are actually very largely similar, so they can be used interchangeably. If you can't find 1mm cichlid formula, you can replace with any other 1mm formula without much adverse effect.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Bro,

Have to get the 1mm Discus bottle from Yishun liao. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    C328 also have...
    Cheers,
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...c/progress.gif"Ben"http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...c/progress.gif
    Life is all about patience & perseverance,
    Failure is just another new beginning

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by exotic_idiot View Post
    C328 also have...
    Thanks Bro, my place is far from C328, I am in AMK. Maybe later drop in NA or Petmart to check whether they do carry NLS products too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You may want to check out Seaview.
    But it seem that LFS are ordering in new stock.
    Andrew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by sheng View Post
    You may want to check out Seaview.
    But it seem that LFS are ordering in new stock.
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully can find the 1mm Thera A+, Cichlid and Growth Formula in our store soon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Growth is very readily available. Do take note that it isn't produced in 1mm size though...i've seen it very recently (many bottles) at C328, Seaview and Polyart.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lim View Post
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully can find the 1mm Thera A+, Cichlid and Growth Formula in our store soon.
    I thought these are more easily available stocks?
    I already have Thera A+ and growth formula..
    So far both works fine for me.. I got them at C328 which offer a good supply of varies fish foods...

Kindly take note to open the top blue cover of NLS to check whether the seal is it open before... As i encounter before luckily i did my check...
    Not fresh anymore
    Cheers,
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...c/progress.gif"Ben"http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...c/progress.gif

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thera+A 1mm recently went out of stock ben, growth is very readily available though. Cichlid hasn't been available for like a year perhaps? Discus is a good replacement for cichlid, but OP doesn't seem to want to consider it.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by exotic_idiot View Post
    I thought these are more easily available stocks?
    I already have Thera A+ and growth formula..
    So far both works fine for me.. I got them at C328 which offer a good supply of varies fish foods...

Kindly take note to open the top blue cover of NLS to check whether the seal is it open before... As i encounter before luckily i did my check...
    Not fresh anymore
    Bro, your tip came too late, I bought a can of NLS Discus 1mm from C328 earlier and only found that the protective cover was opened after I reached home. Will do a check the next time I get a new can. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    Growth is very readily available. Do take note that it isn't produced in 1mm size though...i've seen it very recently (many bottles) at C328, Seaview and Polyart.
    Oh, no wonder I can't find the 1mm type. Anyway I bought those for Discus 1mm type to try, found the seal was opened when i reached home, hoipefully it was not open too long ago else the pellets may have gone bad already, the shop is too humid to preserve it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    NLS claims that even after opening, their food can last for over a year as long as the cover isn't opened frequently. Hope yours lasts long enough for you to finish it!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just to hitch onto this thread. Can anyone confirm that corydoras such as duplicareus and elegans handle the size of 1mm? As mine is a planted setup, can't really tell if they are the ones finishing the food

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Bro, your tip came too late, I bought a can of NLS Discus 1mm from C328 earlier and only found that the protective cover was opened after I reached home. Will do a check the next time I get a new can. Thanks.
    Oh, no wonder I can't find the 1mm type. Anyway I bought those for Discus 1mm type to try, found the seal was opened when i reached home, hoipefully it was not open too long ago else the pellets may have gone bad already, the shop is too humid to preserve it.
    Better buy new ones next time as value for $$$... Who would like to buy something which is opened before?
    NLS claims that even after opening, their food can last for over a year as long as the cover isn't opened frequently. Hope yours lasts long enough for you to finish it!
    Hopefully it's true
    Quote Originally Posted by sfk7 View Post
    Just to hitch onto this thread. Can anyone confirm that corydoras such as duplicareus and elegans handle the size of 1mm? As mine is a planted setup, can't really tell if they are the ones finishing the food
    Mine corys every kind of pellets they also eats...
    Cheers,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    my duplicareus, sterbai, palateus and even habrosus are able to handle 1mm NLS pellets

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Noted with thanks. Will keep the pellets in small bottle for daily feeding.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    good idea That's what NLS recommends too. I wish we can find the 5lb pails of NLS here in Singapore. Would be so much more economical. With the downturn and recession, i'm actually considering downgrading my fish food to JBL instead...more affordable despite my firm belief that NLS is the best food

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Maybe we can consider polling together for a MO? I am shopping around for online shop that gives good delivery rate from US. There is just too many choices from NLS and it is very tempting. The price for NLS in US is resonable if not for the shipping cost to SG.

good idea That's what NLS recommends too. I wish we can find the 5lb pails of NLS here in Singapore. Would be so much more economical. With the downturn and recession, i'm actually considering downgrading my fish food to JBL instead...more affordable despite my firm belief that NLS is the best food

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast