Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

View Poll Results: Which Wine Red Shrimp Pattern do you prefer?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • WR A (has large white bars on red)

52 44.44%
  • WR B (most of the surface is red, with small patches of white)

65 55.56%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Wine Red Shrimp Pattern do you prefer?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Which Wine Red Shrimp Pattern do you prefer?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by marle View Post
    Anyway, I remember an online lfs website some months back and some local hobbyists selling Wine Red shirmps for a few times the amount quoted. Now, it has fallen quite a few fold to $120! Yeah! More affordable for people like me.
    Those poor color one with lot of red, you know the color look orangy and the red form most part of the body with a little patch fetch the least money, and it is $120. Those bloody red is rare and also if it has hino pattern or even mosura pattern wine red, the price is quite high and also not everyone has them.

I am so excited! The price has fallen quite dramatically in just a matter of months! This is good good news for us invertebrate lovers with not so deep pockets!
    Yeah, I can share your excitemnt too, but $120 for locals is still a big deal, many people still has the mindset to catch shrimps from lake which is free, why need to pay so much for them?
    silane

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

silane,
    Do you have Wine red mosura picture?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by silane View Post
    Those poor color one with lot of red, you know the color look orangy and the red form most part of the body with a little patch fetch the least money, and it is $120. Those bloody red is rare and also if it has hino pattern or even mosura pattern wine red, the price is quite high and also not everyone has them.

Yeah, I can share your excitemnt too, but $120 for locals is still a big deal, many people still has the mindset to catch shrimps from lake which is free, why need to pay so much for them?

Its not about whether $120 is expensive and stuff. The main point is that the pricing of wine red shrimp has fallen a few fold in a matter of months. And i guess there's reasonable basis to conclude a further drop in pricing in the foreseeable future.
    Adoketa, Breitbinden, Paciquamis, Diplotaenia, Elizabethae, Mendezi, Inka, Agassizi, L046, L066, Crystal Red Shrimps

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Low quality wine red has fallen, high quality one will stay. If you have seen the real stuff, you will know what is high quality and what is low. If you are referring to the online shop, it is a matter of a year, not a matter of months. I am not trying to defend price of any kind, but just has to be objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gucci View Post
    silane,
    Do you have Wine red mosura picture?
    Yes, I am in Australia now, will show when I go back. I can tell you such pattern in rare.
    silane

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Of Red Wine and Panda, I actually prefers Panda more. I've been keeping CRS but never BDS, and have always like BDS. Panda with unevent white patches just attracts me a lot. I like the solid black, and the white spots with slight bluesh color.

Wonder when I can set my hands on such shrimps (be it Red Wine or Panda). Given more time, when I can afford, I will buy them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
    Of Red Wine and Panda, I actually prefers Panda more. I've been keeping CRS but never BDS, and have always like BDS. Panda with unevent white patches just attracts me a lot. I like the solid black, and the white spots with slight bluesh color.

Wonder when I can set my hands on such shrimps (be it Red Wine or Panda). Given more time, when I can afford, I will buy them.
    been the shrimp heaven before, the uncle says he can get panda. but people only like to ask about it. they are not really willing to pay for it. its just too expensive.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post

Yeah, black and white is much wanted, the black is ultimate, you cannot get anything blacker then that, and for the white, you can't get anything whiter then that.

Actually, if you get the correct line of CRS, you can get wine red pretty easily. At least 2 person I know, who deligently follow my instruction to keep Mr Yeh's CRS line separately from other CRS. What they got was a small percentage of baby wine red. One hobboyists, I can rememeber was he bought only 10SS and 10 Golden, and he got 3 or 4 wine red babies, but left with 1 now.

To get king kong from CRS, it is a bit harder, as it requires to have matching genes BDS.
    silane

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Actually, if you get the correct line of CRS, you can get wine red pretty easily. At least 2 person I know, who deligently follow my instruction to keep Mr Yeh's CRS line separately from other CRS. What they got was a small percentage of baby wine red. One hobboyists, I can rememeber was he bought only 10SS and 10 Golden, and he got 3 or 4 wine red babies, but left with 1 now.
    10 SS grade pieces of correct line CRS and getting wine red sounds good to me. I am keen, just concern abt e price. If I can afford it, I will take a try and have a dedicate tank for it. Need time to prepare a tank though

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I take it as a sales pitch, but currently, I am keeping this line of crs to breed them, I released them at normal CRS price, because they did not look different from normal CRS. I just want to share the information, it is possible to get wine red from normal (looking) crs line.

Anyway, I dont have such line to release now, due to recent increase of tanks.
    Last edited by silane; 10th Oct 2009 at 19:39.
    silane

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Woooo the price drop so fast?
    Are you sure Black King Kong 5pcs = S$1000 ?

I don't believe Singapore selling this price, if yes I don't mind getting 10pcs.

Actually TWD3500 ($160) for pattern B Wine Red is too much to pay. In local, $120 can get liao.

For king kong, that day, I just quoted someone 5 for $1000, but since he is a student, I advised him not to buy.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by jojoe View Post
    Woooo the price drop so fast?
    Are you sure Black King Kong 5pcs = S$1000 ?

I don't believe Singapore selling this price, if yes I don't mind getting 10pcs.
    Thought you said you dont like king kong and not because they are too expensive?
    silane

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

You are correct, I still don't like black king kong.
    But I am willing to come out s$2000, seeing is there anyone selling the true Black King Kong at this price.

Real stuffs must pay and see with my own eyes, by seeing and pictures does not clear my curiousity.

Thought you said you dont like king kong and not because they are too expensive?
    Last edited by jojoe; 14th Oct 2009 at 10:06. Reason: wrong spelling

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I not referring to you "dont have". But you said you "dont like". So lower price become like, high price become dont like?
    silane

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Brother Silane,
    High or Low price I still don't like black King Kong.

I wanna challenge Singapore Black King Kong seller, Pay S$2000 can I get 10pcs real stuff or just rumors.
    Then I can put in office for open house viewing.

I not referring to you "dont have". But you said you "dont like". So lower price become like, high price become dont like?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Bro jojoe

Got money does not mean you will be sold at that price. You should know who I have quoted to, since he is someone you know also. Only then I realised is him, I didnt want to sell.

I would rather keep the shrimps in my tank for my own open house rather to any how sell them.
    silane

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Got one Taiwanese quoted me Black King Kong 1pc S$100, but he always tell me not enough stocks because he need to supply Japan market.

I understand why you don't any how sell.

You quoted who Black King Kong is not my concern, my concern there will not be such cheap King Kong in singapore.

So to me it just a rumours.

Bro jojoe

Got money does not mean you will be sold at that price. You should know who I have quoted to, since he is someone you know also. Only then I realised is him, I didnt want to sell.

I would rather keep the shrimps in my tank for my own open house rather to any how sell them.
    Last edited by jojoe; 11th Oct 2009 at 09:51.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Low quality wine red has fallen, high quality one will stay. If you have seen the real stuff, you will know what is high quality and what is low. If you are referring to the online shop, it is a matter of a year, not a matter of months. I am not trying to defend price of any kind, but just has to be objective.

Yes, I am in Australia now, will show when I go back. I can tell you such pattern in rare.

Last time I saw at NA a single piece of Hinomaru cost $1500 each. Now for the same kind of grade its about a fraction of the cost.

That was in 2006? Can vaguely remember.

Therefore......Lets wait approximately 2-3 years for it to become more affordable.
    Yeah, you should wait....

For now not much chance of such shrimps ended in Singapore, foreign countries like Japan are grabbing them up even at size of 0.5cm. Lower spending countries hobbyists like Thailand and Indonesia are coming to Singapore to get from me. Current situation for such shrimps is.... no distance barrier... who can afford will sell to who. It is not like before, has to price drop to attract locals.

As long as Japan and some Europe countries are willing to pay and there is some technically different in breeding between hino and such shrimps, the price will be stay for a while.
    I find your words a little contradicting. Initially, i mentioned we got to wait a few years as well.

Anyway, i am not as lucky as you to see or even own such high quality shrimps, but i do understand that there are more shrimp keepers currently than in 2006, many thanks to the crs craze. With the increase of breeders internationally as well as locally, the prices of shrimps might be at a premium to those who want to get higher grade first hand. But we might be able to witness an exponential effect. I don't see a reason why the majority of us hobbyist cant own even higher grade Wine red shrimp in a couple of years time.

~2006--> Hinomaru crs cost $1500 at NA.
    2009--> Hinomaru is readily available at affordable prices.

Ultimately, its good that you are considering to hold an open house soon, i am sure many hobbyists will definitely pay you a visit.
    Adoketa, Breitbinden, Paciquamis, Diplotaenia, Elizabethae, Mendezi, Inka, Agassizi, L046, L066, Crystal Red Shrimps

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Once in a while, I release rare shrimps to my supportors at low price, as I mentioned. I quoted 5 kingkong mix for $1000. But people like to read between lines and see between pictures, and now both of you reached this conclusion.

It is interesting to see how local hobbyists react to such shrimps and new shrimps. They only talk about price and nothing else much, like how to breed them, how to refine them. And when they discuss price, they really discuss price at the surface. Like for the hino example, I just not too long ago, the price someone bought a hino close to $1000 in Japan, yes, just for a hino. And of course, there is much things about this hino. But for discussion here, we just go by hino and that's all. And even today, one can find sub $10 hino in Japan (so as the case in Singapore). So the price is still range of a hino still wide.

Even for King Kong and Wine red, there are genes concern, price can result differently. But is ok lah, we discuss about price value only and not other factor associated.
    silane

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by jojoe View Post
    Got one Taiwanese quoted me Black King Kong 1pc S$100, but he always tell me not enough stocks because he need to supply Japan market.

I understand why you not any how sell.

You quoted who Black King Kong is not my concern, my concern is there will not be such cheap King Kong in singapore.

Is just a rumours.
    Talking about Taiwan, a seller told me a Singapore hobbyist didnt buy king kong from him because the breeder bought from Taipei, but strangely, the Singapore hobbyist said he didnt buy king kong.

Is just a rumours???
    silane

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Ultimately, its good that you are considering to hold an open house soon, i am sure many hobbyists will definitely pay you a visit.
    Yeah, the day will come when I able to breed some rare shrimps in large number, I should be proud to a open house. It will be free to visit, no need to pay, no need everything also talk about $$.

But my setup is not totally not shown, a member has already seen. The very questions given to the members is how silane setup his tank. What equipment he uses...
    Last edited by silane; 11th Oct 2009 at 08:20.
    silane

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast