Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    FC: mine was shiny red intially and i loved it.. but then.. after abt 1 week later.. it turned back to dull red... even though i have enough lights or maybe its meant to be dull? []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Does it looks like being burnt, drying up look? This often happen after cutting the bottom (dicard it) and re-plant the top. It's ok, let it be till new leafs appear. It will only affect about 2-3 nods of leafs. This is because the plant has no root yet. As mentioned it is macro-hungry and it would take up the stored energy (in this case, the leafs suffered).

If not, try injecting Mg, PO4 and KNO3 under the plant (in the substrate, I mean). It would response very quickly, you can see from the new leafs.

Feedback Score
    Hmmm the most challenging plant I've faced is BBA...to get rid of that is..heh..heh

But seriously, being a newbie I haven't tried that many plants, but glosso was a real diasater for me. Firstly I had no idea how to plant it, actually, more like no patience. Anyway what I could plant just didn't grow, oh well....

eggz

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 2/6/2003 1:25:57 PM

FC,

Recently there was sudden influx of hottonia... shops like C328, Gen-x, Bioplast all had similar pots of the stuff... so I wouldn't be surprised if you can find then all over... prices were roughly $6 bucks a pot.
    Allen, were the hottonia in the bottom tank at c328?
    they look alot like the ones i bought at 1.50 each from c328 from the bottom tank housing the plants.
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/6/2003 5:30:34 PM

FC: mine was shiny red intially and i loved it.. but then.. after abt 1 week later.. it turned back to dull red... even though i have enough lights or maybe its meant to be dull? []
    ----------------
    I started with a stem and now it's quite overgrown. It's brightly coloured green and never red although under strong lights.
    Temperature is definately a factor as once my wife switched it off my chiller accidentally for 5 days. When I came back from my trip, I found that hottonia half dead. Switched on my chiller and it cam back to life.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    tough plants to keep
    tonina sp/fluviatilis
    eriocaulon ceteceum..always gets bba and dies
    madagascar lace plant.

cos of no chiller, always die (despite 24 hr ac fan 27,2

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    my recent batch of hottonia was from C328 and it cost me about $6 bucks a pot... I would be pretty pissed at aunty if she sold it to you at $1.50...

Honestly though, I doubt its the same plant. Most shops I saw were selling it from $6-15 a pot.
    Allen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12