Country
    Singapore

Talking Albino senegal bichir

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

I recently just bought a albino senegal bichir at polyart. It around 6.2 inches long (16cm). Just to ask if it will do fine in my 2ft tank with some crayfish and 2 colombian shark as tank mates. And what do i have to feed it if i don;t want to feed it live stock. And normally how long can it live and how long does it take to grow bigger.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi shalabin, I would suggest you do more research online on all the aspect on the fish to be able to provide it with a suitable environment and care. Just use Google to search.

One place to start with: http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile41.html
    I know monsterkeeper forum has a very good writeup all the different Polyterus too.

You can feed Hikari Carnivore Pellet or Tetra Monster Pellet to them. Market Prawn or Silverfish bought from wet market or supermarket can be use too to give them more balanced diet. Your crayfish might become a feeder too, after it just moulted... so please take note!

Warmest Regards from Merviso aka Merv Soh
    [ my vivarium: 2012, 2010, 2009 & 2007]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i'm a dreamer... a dreamer living in the lost city of moonlight.....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Id be more worried about the Crayfish grabbing hold of the bircher, the bircher is also not suitable for a 2ft tank.
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    You should consider getting a bigger tank as birchirs get big. Depending on the lfs you got him from, you might have to wean it to eat the various foods you want to offer from pellets to MP. They might not eat in the beginning but they can starve for up to 3 weeks and still be fine. Time it takes to grow will depend on the frequency of feeding, size of tank and aeration of water as applied to most other fishes. From what i know they can live for a LONG time. Good luck with your birchir.

Cheers,
    Kenny

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the information guys/ladies. But recently a filter incident occured and my crayfishes died till 2 is currently alive. And thus , my bichir is doing ok for now...as for bigger tank , i am currently trying to persuade my parents into getting one. They find it too troublesome to have a big tank