Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: help...new here

Feedback Score

help...new here

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi...just bought a 2.5 ft tank...and i bought two tude of hi light and co2.....but now is...i dun know how to start..EG what kind of plant and how many should i buy? can any help?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    dun quite understand your prob, care to explain once more?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/9/2003 2:47:45 PM

dun quite understand your prob, care to explain once more?
    ----------------
    I think Simon meant explain your problem in details...
    You didn't buy all those stuff without any idea what you want at all right?!?
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    well u should make detail a bit...
    what to start buy .......yr sand and stone...then buy some easy to plant 1st!!!!
    dun 1 step to sky!!!(chinese)
    no hurry juz do some observing 1st then ....others[:]
    <<<Nature(BEDOK AREA)
    Hp:91465830(sms)
    ICQ..(176965177)
    My mail([email protected]>>>

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,
    First of all, Welcome to our forum.

I guessing that you want to know where and what stuff you need to get. Before we can help you, you need to explain what stuff you already have, what you wnat to do and maybe explain what stuff you need.

Before asking/posting your quiries read up the Aquatic FAQ. There should some or all the info you may need to start off this hobby.
    I would suggest you take note of this thread as I think this is what you're looking for.

If you still unsure or don't understand, feel free to post you queries again and I'm sure someone will help you out.

Good Luck and most important have fun.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    i already set up the tank with sand and fertilixer.....but not for the plant...there are no many plant to choose from....but dont know which to get...

The equipment i have is 2 pcs of hi li light. thats mean i can put quite alot of variety....that why im confused. every one of them looks good

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    How many watts are your lights? That will allow us to tell you whetehr you have enough lights.

Your tank is 2.5'x?'x?'?

Since you have high-light and CO2, then most plant should not be a problem. Just go to the LFs and get what you fancy, then refer to Tropica online plant db for identification. Most of us started this way, then learnt which plant is easy and which is hard.

Alternatively, go to Tropica and use the advance search(link is at the top of their page) to find easy/moderate plants. Plant info are there too.

Its hard for us to tell you what plants to start with as there are so many and it depends on your preference to. Try browsing our "My Tank" gallery (link above). I fyou spot a plant you like, you can ask here.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Basically, decide plants you want to keep by
    1) the max size and height it will grow to,
    2) the temperature range they require,
    3) the lighting they required
    4) the PH they can grow healthily
    5) finally the colours(as to what you had designed in mind)

All plants need CO2 and external nutrients to flourish though some might be able to stay alive without.

All this can be found by reading up articles(online or offline) and asking for information from planted tank shop like NA. Visiting shops with planted tank and steal some of their ideas as a start. When you are really into it, consider stepping into any library or bookshop hunting for books, magazines and related informations.

Not easy for us to help you at this stage and I believed the last thing you want is we deciding those for you.

As for me, a newbie too, I opted for trial and error. I planted various kinds of plants for the past two weeks, and will decide which breed I will keep after I see how they grow, the speed and size of growth. Will decide in another few weeks time.

Just remember to add some Otos or SAE and algae eating shrimps like yamatoes, malayan shrimp.... worry about what fish to add at a later stage. My tank only have Otos, malayan shrimps, some yamatoes and some cherry shimps. I do add some fish food from time to time incase of N deficiency.

Be prepare to grab some test kits like
    1) Ammonia
    2) Nitrite
    3) Nitrate
    4) PH Tester
    5) Carbon Hardness (KH)

Finally point this thread to other newbie here that has the same concern you had.
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...