7 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Resun Chiller Temperature Sensor Question

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Instead of buying an external thermostat, is it alright to take out the temperature sensor from the Resun Chiller and place it in the tank? Is it waterproof? Have anyone tried it before?

Im not an electrical person, just asking some questions before i get a solution to my frequent kick start of the chiller even after changing the flowrate to a faster one.

Thanks.
    Brandon Ong

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    first of all the sensor wiring is quite short probably wont reach your tank, though you might be able to cut and extend it. Secondly how are you planning to close the hole on the heat exchanger chamber where the sensor was. Thirdly external sensor is not that expensive only $15.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    yes, if it is short, i can try to get it extended somehow. closing the hole shouldnt be a big problem cause i dont think there is any water flowing through it. by the way, you mentioned that the external sensor is $15? but can it be linked to the system? i dont think so right?

im trying to get to the circuit board just like the one frmo FOX 2002 thermostat. try to change the sensor to a longer one to allow me to put it into the tank straight, instead of running a external thermostat.

It may help with the life of the chiller as the chiller can stop on its own rather than having its power shut off with a external thermostat.
    Brandon Ong

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The hole is at heat exchanger chamber so if you did not close it water will coming out and in hight pressure some more

yes it can I change my Resun CL-280, your is also Resun so should be the same.

Visit my block below, you will see how I do it. There also the shop address where I get my sensor from.

http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/sear...IY%20stuff
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/