Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: temperature

Feedback Score

temperature

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    if i am using a 2x15w FL lights with a single 36w e-ballast for my planted tank ... switch on everyday for about 10 hours will it cause the temperature in the water to rise and will it cause the plants and fishes any effects ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, the lights can raise the temp.

Effects depends on how high the temperature gets. Try to keep it between 26 (ideal) to 28 d. celcius. Get a cheap thermometer from the LFS.

Some plants cannot handle 30 and above, others grow just fine. Same for fish. Overall, things will be much better at lower temps.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeap. I used to have temperature up to 31C on one hot day when the room are all locked. Plants didn't do well and some fish died. I invested in a cooling fan which costed about $40 (AC type) and the temperature is maintained at 26-27C. Plants and fish are doing great now. It is kinda expensive but I've no regret. Furthermore, it is much cheaper alternative than chiller. Just one thing ..... I need to top up water almost every day (small tank).

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/10/2003 5:48:32 PM

if i am using a 2x15w FL lights with a single 36w e-ballast for my planted tank ... switch on everyday for about 10 hours will it cause the temperature in the water to rise and will it cause the plants and fishes any effects ?
    ----------------
    If your lights are in the light hood, definitely the temperature will rise. However, it's not as bad if the light sets are raised on stands and the room is well ventilated -- such as breeze coming in from window.

Plants have and optimal range where they thrive. Too high a temperature may be bad for the plant.

Fish too, have optimal temperature range.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks