Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conversion of 422 planted with sump into 422 Paludarium.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Conversion of 422 planted with sump into 422 Paludarium.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just finish the above project after 2 months.

Converted my 422 planted with sump into a paludarium as preparation for one upcoming workshop that i will be conducting.

Floras and faunas(intended) are bettas, kuhli loach, chocolate Gourami, mini crab from Thailand, foour line tree frog(1 pair), jewel Orchid, some bomelaid, C.Affinis, Java Fern and some land moss harvested from gardens around Singapore

Will post the pictures after Chinese New year as i will be visiting asiatic green Nursery and Ah Pek for the plants.

Cheers and Blessed Chinese New Year.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    photos taken. will be posted by end of jan as i put more plants in.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey bro congrats on the progess! I'm waiting eagerly to see the pics

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    As promised

Nothing fanciful here. In the next couple of weeks, i am going to add some more land plants and maybe a couple of faunas inside.

As of now, the fauna includes 1000 malayan shrrimps, 3 pairs of coral platies, 6 red lace male guppies, 3 mini orange crab, 3 cheery crab, 6 rummy nose and 2 threee line pencil.

Cheers.
    Last edited by David Moses Heng; 26th Jan 2009 at 00:51.

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Bro, nice set up. BTW, i think u added one extra zero for the amount of malayans you have. cute crabs you have too, can you post a picture of the cheery crab? never heard of it before.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by lucasjiang View Post
    Bro, nice set up. BTW, i think u added one extra zero for the amount of malayans you have. cute crabs you have too, can you post a picture of the cheery crab? never heard of it before.
    the number for the malayan is correct. i got it for $9.

photos for the cherry crab a bit tough unless i can lure them out of the burows. Aftre releasing them, the crabs have dug about 4 burrows and they only come out at night when i left the frozen blood worm for them.

will try though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    That's one of the most densely populated paludarium I've ever seen created in sg..I maybe abit sua ku la..I wish you all the best in this feat. From the pictures, everything looks very good.

I'm curious the temperature and light cycle of your paludarium.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    That's one of the most densely populated paludarium I've ever seen created in sg..I maybe abit sua ku la..I wish you all the best in this feat. From the pictures, everything looks very good.

I'm curious the temperature and light cycle of your paludarium.

thanks for the comment/kind words.

The temperature is about 28 to 30 degrees with t5Ho 54watt for 10 hours. Misting is done manually every two days. In the tank, there is two power head with 450 liters out put each and filtrartion is done by TETRA 90. Be adding one power head on timer for misting once the froggies/newts arrive.

I also do not forsee the problem of the frogs attacking the crabs as i have about 30 pieces of bog/drift wood of various sizes inside for the crabs to hide.

The faunas are currently doing fine. one of the crabs has just molted. There are also now more crab burrows. I counted 6 last night when i conducted a spot check on them.

As for the plants, I guess they are still adpating. saw some rotten and dead leaves but overall, the plants from Ahpek are doing fine. It's those that i plucked from below my block that are not doing well.

as for casualities. 1 red lace guppy due to shock and it has since become food for the crabbies.

I am intending to convert one of my 2 ft into another paludarium but simpler for vampire crab before i conduct my workshop in March where the tank will be 6 bi 1.5 by 1.5.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Great David! Another 2ft tank! Can't wait to see that too, what happen to our Coffee Session?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    1000 shrimps??? I respect you brother!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by dkk08 View Post
    Great David! Another 2ft tank! Can't wait to see that too, what happen to our Coffee Session?

arraning... me super busy. travelling between singapore and Malaysia every week, conducting workshops.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    the number for the malayan is correct. i got it for $9.

photos for the cherry crab a bit tough unless i can lure them out of the burows. Aftre releasing them, the crabs have dug about 4 burrows and they only come out at night when i left the frozen blood worm for them.

will try though.
    1000 malayan shrimps for $9??!?!

O.o

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    arraning... me super busy. travelling between singapore and Malaysia every week, conducting workshops.
    Malaysia? How interesting if only I can follow you

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    where can get 1000 shrimps for $9 ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    where can get 1000 shrimps for $9 ?
    what happened was that it was a cny offer at my regular LFS for regular customers. As I have been buying from him in huge quantity for all my cases and stuffs, he gave me a bag full of malayans consisting of 1000 shrimps with many of them being shrimplets. The malayans gave birth/hatch inside the shop. I order two bags of 100 each and both bags have the similar numbers. Basically when i lift up the bag, it was full of shrimplets and many more female were heavily laden with eggs. 1000 was a rough estimate

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The piece of wood acting as a bridge looks quite out of the place. unless its used by your fauna to do river crossing

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    what happened was that it was a cny offer at my regular LFS for regular customers. As I have been buying from him in huge quantity for all my cases and stuffs, he gave me a bag full of malayans consisting of 1000 shrimps with many of them being shrimplets. The malayans gave birth/hatch inside the shop. I order two bags of 100 each and both bags have the similar numbers. Basically when i lift up the bag, it was full of shrimplets and many more female were heavily laden with eggs. 1000 was a rough estimate
    Hmm..if i am nt wrong,malayan shrimp required brackish water to survive..high salinity..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikex View Post
    Hmm..if i am nt wrong,malayan shrimp required brackish water to survive..high salinity..
    Well i keep malayan shrimps in normal planted tank with clear water and they are surviving and breeding.
    Cheers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Malayans shrimps ARE never brackish water shrimps. They are found in peat swamps in malaysia. At least that is what i know.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    haha..i mean their fries will need brackish water to survive..
    whereas once they rch adult stage,they will move to freshwater..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast