Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: First-timer to planted tanks, need help!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Question First-timer to planted tanks, need help!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone,

I've had a low-tech tank for about a year now, I'm thinking of setting up my first planted tank, so I would need to do as much research as I can before setting up. Hope everyone can provide their expert advice

I am thinking of setting up a 2ft tank, with the tank from Mizu World the dimensions are 60cm by 30cm by 38cm. I would like to know what are the complete set of CO2 equipments I would need? Besides the CO2, I need a regulator, diffuser, resistant tube, check valve and bubble counter? Did I miss out with anything?

Also, I'm thinking of planting HC and using ADA II substrate. Can someone recommend the lighting I need and also what form of fertilizer I need? Because it seems that there are so many kinds, its just mind boggling! Would appreciate all the help I can get, thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Planted tanks are not difficult, you just to have plan it carefully. Especially, when trying to grow HC in submersed form as there is a high chance of melting due to conversion.

HC requires lights > 3wpg with co2 injection to grow well. Too much light = algae automatically as HC=slow growing plants, so balance has to be right.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    torque6, thanks for your input! Any idea for HC lawn, what temperature does it need to be kept at? I'm not using a chiller, just intending on installing a fan.