Country
    Singapore

Worm on shrimp & snail tank...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all...
    Can anyone advise on how to clear this brown colour worm. Its had been bred on my 2ft shrimp & snail tank... Here is the picture but its abit blurr....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi, it seems to be planaria to me. Any other thoughts?

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by maleng View Post
    Hi all...
    Can anyone advise on how to clear this brown colour worm. Its had been bred on my 2ft shrimp & snail tank... Here is the picture but its abit blurr....
    They are planaria. I got them in my tank also. THink you overfeed like me

The planaria trap doesnt really work for me

Had to do the manual suck out when I see them method

One way is to starve the tank a week or 2, then throw in some food, the buggers will all crawl out , then you can remove them 1 at a time. Tedious but so far only way that work for me. Also change 50% water.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    To starve my shrimps & shrimplet worry they will die...
    In that case have to do as what u said earlier 1 by 1 suck them out.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Buy this liquid called Vermex from C328 or NA. A bro on this forum used it in his shrimp tank and it apparently got rid of his worm problem and without any shrimp casualties. Do a search using the word "Vermex" to dig up more info.

I personally have used a de-worming pill for dogs that i got from a pet store in jurong point. Forgot the name but the active ingredient is Fenbendazole. Crushed it and put the powder into my 1ft cube tank containing sakura & cherry shrimps, boraras and galaxies. 2 days later... no planaria ( i.e. the worms ) were seen during feeding and there were no casualties to any livestock in the tank .

More info on Fenbendazole :

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_panacur.html

** Note that Panacur mentioned in the link is the brand name of the drug... you may not be able to find that brand in the pet shops here... just look out for the active ingredient which is Fenbendazole.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    They are planaria. I got them in my tank also. THink you overfeed like me

The planaria trap doesnt really work for me

Had to do the manual suck out when I see them method

One way is to starve the tank a week or 2, then throw in some food, the buggers will all crawl out , then you can remove them 1 at a time. Tedious but so far only way that work for me. Also change 50% water.
    Quote Originally Posted by vwsj84 View Post
    Buy this liquid called Vermex from C328 or NA. A bro on this forum used it in his shrimp tank and it apparently got rid of his worm problem and without any shrimp casualties. Do a search using the word "Vermex" to dig up more info.

I personally have used a de-worming pill for dogs that i got from a pet store in jurong point. Forgot the name but the active ingredient is Fenbendazole. Crushed it and put the powder into my 1ft cube tank containing sakura & cherry shrimps, boraras and galaxies. 2 days later... no planaria ( i.e. the worms ) were seen during feeding and there were no casualties to any livestock in the tank .

** Note that Panacur mentioned in the link is the brand name of the drug... you may not be able to find that brand in the pet shops here... just look out for the active ingredient which is Fenbendazole.

Thks alot bro's for the input... I will buy the liquid & do some searching on it....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi bros vwsj84, I think these are very valuable information provided above. Have noted down in my notebook. Thanks.
    With Humble Regards,
    MartinTing

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Anyone knows where to get this medication? My shrimp tank needs some "cleaning" up.
    Old guy into Apisto.....again....
    Joe

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnydaze View Post
    Anyone knows where to get this medication? My shrimp tank needs some "cleaning" up.
    Quote Originally Posted by vwsj84 View Post

As mention earlier by bro vwsj84 can get from n.a or c328.
    That what i use now on my shrimps tank..